• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sub £100 Dual Head Graphics Card For Running 2 Screens

Associate
Hi all im after a Dual head graphics card sub £100 that can give me 2 screen outputs. The connections they will be running are VGA but DVI adapter to VGA can be used.

Any suggestions would be great.

Soldato
I've installed dozens of Radion HD4350s for clients, they're cheap as chips. 1 DVI and one VGA. Afaik they're only available in PCIe

Edit: I'm assuming gaming isn't a priority! The ones I've used are Gigabyte models, can be had for sub £30

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi there, may I ask what you will be doing with the machines? Anything graphics intensive or can make use of GPGPU power?

If not and you just need a cheap display card, then the suggestions above are great. I would personally suggest this HD 5450: it costs £38, can output to up to three screens (so long as one is via the displayport adapter), uses passive cooling so it's silent and is uses hardly any power.

Soldato
Hi there, may I ask what you will be doing with the machines? Anything graphics intensive or can make use of GPGPU power?

If not and you just need a cheap display card, then the suggestions above are great. I would personally suggest this HD 5450: it costs £38, can output to up to three screens (so long as one is via the displayport adapter), uses passive cooling so it's silent and is uses hardly any power.

+1
Depending on what you're doing, you can get a cheaper card. I would wait for next month's 6000 series... ;)

Permabanned
If you don't care about performance, the gainward 9500GTs come with 2 DVIs and an HDMI socket. Their also passively cooled and use very little power :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I really don't think it does.

I think it does, I got sick of the 256MB card that came with the Dell originally because it was *constantly* stuck in repainting windows. You could see it going scanline by scanline. Maybe you only notice it at 3300x1050 resolution.

Edit: 1GB is way overkill, but that's what they had in the little computer store near my office when I got frustrated with the crap card supplied and put a new one on expenses :) FWIW the old card was an ATI x1300 or something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom