Sub £400 55" TVs

Associate
Just finished decorating our spare room, to turn into a Cinema/xbox/chill out room.

I've not brought a TV for about 7 years. Any recommendations for a sub £400 55" TV.

Hisense looks to be good value, and there are also offerings from LG, Toshiba, Panasonic, Samsung and so on. Sound quality is not an issue, I will be using external speakers

Associate
A little smaller than you were after but I’m looking at this for my bedroom and it only
Comes in at £329

LG 49UK6300PLB 49" Smart 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR and Freeview Play

Caporegime
It's not elitism; it's objectively true; at least in terms of buying new.

For that money, you'd do well with a used Pioneer plasma.

pioneer plasma? seriously. its 2019.

i wouldn't recommend anything less than 4K. even if it's a crap panel.

a pioneer could last 10 mins before it blows up. hardly worth risking £400 over

Soldato
pioneer plasma? seriously. its 2019.

i wouldn't recommend anything less than 4K. even if it's a crap panel.

a pioneer could last 10 mins before it blows up. hardly worth risking £400 over

Blu-ray is 1080p so what is the point of 4k? 4k movies are more expensive. Games consoles don't do true 4k a pc at 4k is going to be expensive.

And unless you get a huge screen then you won't tell difference between 1080 and 4k.

Plus.my pioneer plasma looks acr

Associate
Thanks for pointing out it is objectively true, I didn't realise that.

In most qualitative metrics which go into image quality: Black levels; contrast ratios; viewing angles; colour reproduction -all that good stuff- televisions coming under the £400 mark are going to be at the lower end of what is considered acceptable (if they can be considered acceptable). You largely get what you pay for.

Soldato
The Hisense H55A6200 reviews reasonably well for a cheap TV, recently got one at work and was pleasantly suprised at the quality for such a cheap bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom