Sub £400 new build no gfx card

Soldato
Coolermaster Elite 335
CA-160-CM_400.jpg

"Solid construction makes the chassis durable and sturdy" - Written by coolermaster P.R
Have you ever used a Coolermaster Elite 335 stulid? . . . its cheap and flimsy :confused:

I can't believe your posting a review from the coolermaster website lol . . .what do you expect them to say?! :D

poor Repromanded is gonna be stuck with this case . . . he may as well spend a little extra on something that is Sturdy (i.e it doesn't "bend") and thermally-advantaged that will serve him well! . . . he can afford the difference! :confused:

which one is more "thermally-advantaged" chassis
Having a dedicated fan at the top of the case to quietly remove the heat that "rises" . . . don't get too caught up in this cable management business, anyone can tidy the cables away but you can't do anything about having a PSU stuck in the hottest part of the case . . . . just keep the PSU in the coolest part of the case i.e the bottom! :)

and the psu fan will help suck away heat if mounted at the top of the case.
That's just daft . . .a fan in the PSU is meant to keep the PSU's internals cool not act as the main system exhaust . . .

Why does anyone find it hard to understand that if given the choice between having the PSU mounted at the bottom of the case where its coolest or having the PSU mounted at the top of the case where its hottest . . the best choice for the system and the best choice for the "longevity" of the PSU is sticking it at the bottom! :cool:

Soldato
Coolermaster Elite 430

£41.99 inc

For an extra £12 over the cost of the Elite 335 its a complete no-brainer! . . . I'm shocked that anyone would even argue on this? :D

but what about fans, should i leave it stock, or add some for my setup?
I don't think you will need a ton of additional cooling, looks like it comes with a single blue-LED 120mm fan the front . . . you will need at least another quiet 120mm to stick in the roof . . . or take out the blue-LED fan from the front and tsick that in the roof and install a 140mm fan as front intake . . . loads of options with this case! :cool:

• Top: 120 mm fan x 2 (optional)
  • Front: 120 mm blue LED fan x 1,140 mm fan x 1 (optional)
  • Rear: 80/90/120 mm fan x1(optional)
  • Side: 120 mm fan x 1(optional)
  • Bottom:80/90/120 mm fan x1(optional)

Soldato
[Off Topic]

just krytens head against the elite 335.
You were defending the Coolermaster Elite 335 for all your worth . . .

Despite me trying to give Repromanded the information he needed to make a good sound purchase! :D

The Antec 200 despite not being to everyones taste is a "superior" chassis to the old-hat Elite 335 which you seem to spec to everyone? along with the Xigmatek Asgard?

they are junk stulid . . .please, please, please stop speccing it to people! ;)

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=5239

Solid construction makes the chassis durable and sturdy
and the psu fan will help suck away heat if mounted at the top of the case.

Last edited:
Caporegime
show me another spec I have suggested to other people where I have picked it.

this doesn't include me using it in a spec because it was in a OP opening post.

the only time I would have ever picked it was because I thought a OP liked it in their opening post, or would have just altered a previous posters build.

its the Xigamtek that gets used most by me for budget builds.

it use to be the ANTEC 300, but now its £1 short of £50 its ridiculous.

edit, actually the ANTEC 300 is on special offer at the mo, surprised you haven't been slanging that.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is my final build, just need a bit more advice please,

11sfpte.jpg

Cost is less due to special deals they had on the day I bought it,

Anyway, went for the phenom chip as the athlon had gone back upto £80, i'm gonna try and unlock and overclock the phenom chip (if I can with this motherboard?!) but not that fussed if it doesn't work, so any advice on adding fans, ie cpu and case, for this setup and proposed overclocking?

Was planning on getting either a 120mm or 140mm fan so I have one in the front and one in the top, but other than that, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom