Sue motorway maintenance

Soldato
Anyone know how you go about claiming damages against 'motorway maintenance' lorries? I have dashcam footage of one dropping stones/dirt that then hit the front of my car and caused a few chips....nothing serioius but it could have been through the windscreen.

Man of Honour
There are at least two highway maintenance marked vans in every street of rented semi detached houses with corner sofas and 55 plate Vauxhall Vectras with black Wulfsport wheels. You have no chance.

Soldato
Anyone know how you go about claiming damages against 'motorway maintenance' lorries? I have dashcam footage of one dropping stones/dirt that then hit the front of my car and caused a few chips....nothing serioius but it could have been through the windscreen.

It wasn't a gritter by any chance? ;)

Stones / dirt dropped from the tailgate of a vehicle is a fairly normal hazard addressed by not driving too close to the vehicle in front. I have however seen a half brick expelled at speed from between the twin rear tyres of such a vehicle.

Man of Honour
With or without inspirational wall quotes?

Live, laugh, love. Dance like nobody is watching. xo

It wasn't a gritter by any chance? ;)
Stones / dirt dropped from the tailgate of a vehicle is a fairly normal hazard addressed by not driving too close to the vehicle in front. I have however seen a half brick expelled at speed from between the twin rear tyres of such a vehicle.
Trucks dropping debris from the back are usually worthy of being given a wide berth. Even if leaving the recommended 2 second gap, whatever is falling off shouldn’t be causing damage unless it is fist sized rocks.

Soldato
If you got proof and their plates then it won't be difficult to claim though insurance, no matter who they are. Call your insurer and send them the details and they do the rest.

Back
Top Bottom