1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sugar Tax, Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Orionaut, Oct 26, 2015.

1. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Because back when I tried it the simple way (ie cutting down food intake) it saw me gain weight and I got bombarded by the OCUK Elite and all their calculations and formulae and weight apps, along with the "you're breaking the laws of thermodynamics" crap - Clearly I'm not. Their instructions just didn't work.

Shopping is hell at the best of times. Do I really have to double the duration by Googling everything, walking around with a smartphone plastered to my face and checking every single thing on a spreadsheet?

What were people saying about making things complicated, again...? :p

2. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Why would you do it in the shop?

Pretty much every recipe on bbc and all the other recipe sites has nutritional info on it so if youre cooking from a recipe use that.

It really isnt complicated youre making it complicated.

On mfp you can put in your own recipe and it will work out everything for you per portion.

Once theyrr all saved just click add.

For busicuits and things scsn the barcode and add the number youve had and done.

Then every subsequent time you just pic it off the list.

For you since you seam t struggle plate up your nornal meal tske 1/5th of it away.

There you go do for all meals and snacks and youll lose weight

3. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Try mfp its free it will work out all your goals etc for you and if you like you csn even enter excerxise and it will work out a deduction for you

4. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Or give up completley eat 4 huel shskes a day and nothing else

5. Glaucus

Man of Honour

what you were likely doing is vastly under estimating weight of food, or searching mfp or what ever you where using for the lost calories per 100g.
    humans are extremely rubbish at estimating calorific intake and weight of food.

simply weight loss is hard very hard, both physiological and mentally, which is why most of us fail repeatedly. if you do feel hungry all the time, then a low carb high fat diet works wonders as long as you strictly keep to it, which month after month is hard, but it very much does depress appetite.

high sugar foods I general wont do you any good whilst losing weight for a variety of reasons, blood sugar levels and cravings, sugar always gets a dopamine reward unlike other foods, you actually get used to sugar and need more to make things seem sweet, if you give up sugar its amazing how sweet something like an apple becomes.

and no you don't need to be like that in the shop. after a month or so of tacking you'll get a good idea of what calories things have and for anything pre made, just check the labels. If you track be honest, no point I you aren't.

6. Tefal

Capo Crimine

this is actually ture i didn't believe it but after about a week of no biscuits etc iwas eating an apple day and they taste ****ing amazing.

7. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

It's more the whole idea of consulting charts and listings and things every time I just want something to eat, really.
    It's less hassle speccing up a series of pipe liners!!

Apparently that would then be too few calories and then we're into breaking the laws of physics again...

I went from three meals a day to one.
    Regardless of how badly I estimated, that should have resulted in a weight reduction, not a gain, no?
    Calories in vs calories out, as everyone keeps insisting...

For the most part, I already am on one of those nowadays. Not quite so high in fat, though. I don't usually start to get hungry until about 8pm, but it hits quite suddenly. Same for the few times when it hits during the day, but I just ignore those.

8. Glaucus

Man of Honour

not if you are eating like 3000 calories in that one meal

9. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

How many calories can a vegetable stew possibly have??!!!

10. Glaucus

Man of Honour

hence why the other thread said you broke thermodynamics.

you are either being dishonest with your self or lying.

11. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Actually that thread was about my wife and why certain diets worked where others that supposedly better-followed 'The Rule' were dysmal failures.

OK, so I'm eating a 3000 calorie veg stew... good to know. Guess I'll swear off carrots and celery then.

12. Glaucus

Man of Honour

:rolleyes: with 200g of fat in it or something, put it this way you haven't broke physics. So troll, lying, or extremely dishonest with yourself.

13. Tefal

Capo Crimine

It wouldnt be too few calories it would be a reduction and your body woud burn some fat.

Youre not consukting charts etc youre looking at 1 number clearly peinted

That wouls depend whst is in that 1 meal.

14. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

You wanna come round to dinner, then, see for yourself?

15. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Nope that would be pointless. Doesn't prove you arent eating or drinking calories elsewhere in the day.

Would rather you stop trolling and be honest to yourself as you are lying. Again you aren't exempt to the laws of physics.

16. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

I may not be taking this 100% seriously, but I still have a serious interest in what's going on and why the 'golden rule' isn't working...

Fine I'm lying....
    The instructions don't give the expected results, but rather than figuring out what is going wrong, *I'm* lying... case closed, dismissed, you win.

You don't happen to work for Scan's customer services, do you? :p

17. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Ok then fine for pure simcity reduxe what you eat u till you start to loose weight revivew every two weeks.

It eill take you several.months to achive the right intake becuae youre not doing any planning but as thats the part you fail on its the only option left to you.

Or like i said 4 huel shakes a day and absolutley nothing elae but water

18. Tefal

Capo Crimine

Did you have no sbakcs at all etc only that one meal.no biscuites etc.

And how long did you keep it up for?

If i hadnt just binned my bike id actually be halpy to come round to help ive never been to redding so would be good to have a local for a tour.

Once i get a car or streetfighter the bike and mt hands work again after christmas id be baply to come and work out a few meal plans in exchange for beer and good food recomendations

19. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

On average, yes just the one meal.
    Occasionally I will have a little something extra at weekends, but I would be VERY surprised if my daily intake even reaches 2000cal - That's about four Big Macs!
    Over the past couple of years the Mrs has gone Paleo, cutting out as much sugar and processed carbs as possible. I went on it too, partly to help her stay on it and partly because it's easier to food shop if we're both on... and also because I boasted that sticking to a diet can't be that hard - With this one, it certainly isn't!
    There's meat in it, of course, but I try to avoid lots of fat even though it's supposed to be good for you on this thing.

I first went down from three meals to one back in 2009 and, give or take, has been pretty much how I've lived ever since.
    There are occasional days when I've been hungry enough to have lunch or something and we go out to dinner when we can afford it, or out to a few social things like barbecues, but not to any great extent.
    Equally, there are days when I just can't be bothered to eat at all. I'd say on average I skip food once a week, have one meal five days and graze a bit if I'm home on a Saturday.

The part that I have the greatest difficulty understanding is that I only started to get porky once I'd cut down on meals. Beforehand I could scoff a whole 17" pizza all to myself and still couldn't get heavier than 9st - I'm 5' 11".

There ain't that much to see, really!! :D

Depends what kind of food you're seeking...

Here, I'd suggest the two good burger places (you can tell, because the cops and the builders all go there) and there's the Michelin starred L'Ortolan restaurant round the corner. Maybe Bart's steakhouse or Dolce Vita's Italian place... Mission Burrito if you're passing.
    Other than that, it's pretty standard and you find infinitely better going round the farm shops and independent butchers' places.

Of course, Bray is down the road a bit and those places have fancy stuff like valet parking and launches you can take on the river, but I never felt the food itself was more special than elsewhere. Their second and third stars seem to have been earned from their customer service more than anything else.

20. Tefal

Capo Crimine

What do you drink?

Cause on average 1 330ml bottle of beer is just under half a big mac in calories a pint is well over half a big mac in calories.

How much do you weigh?

Orherwise **** it all and tske some clenbuterol lol