Suggestions on addressable RGB (fans, ram, waterblocks etc)

Associate
Hello!

As this is my first pc build I was looking for some help for my rgb fans.

At the moment I am planning to buy:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950x
- GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
- RAM: G.Skill NEO DIMM 64 GB DDR4-3600

I wanted to water cool the PC so I chose:
- Case: Lian Li o11 Dynamic
- GPU Waterblock: EK-Quantum Vector FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
- CPU Waterblock: EK-Quantum Velocity D-RGB - AMD Nickel + Plexi
- Reservoir: O11D DISTRO PLATE G1
- Radiator: Thermaltake Pacific RL360 (quantity: 2)

I am a bit unsure of what fans to buy as I don't know how to control the RGB and how to power them with my motherboard.
- Alpenfoehn Wing Boost 3 120MM ADDRESSABLE RGB HIGH SPEED (preferred choice)
- Lian Li bora120-1s (preferred choice 2)
- Thermaltake Riing Quad 12 RGB TT Premium Edition (preferred choice 3)
- Corsair LL 120

I read something about RGB splitters, Fan Hubs and RGB controllers as well but I am a bit confused on what I can control and what not and between these:
- Corsair Commander PRO (controller)
- TT Sync Controller TT Premium Edition (controller)

As a Fan Hub I was thinking of:
- DEEPCOOL FH-10

Considering the hardware, what are your suggestion on powering up and having control over all RGB stuff? Do i need to choose a specific brand?

Soldato
RGB in my opinion is a bit of a mess with various manufacturers pushing their own software & hardware. I'd try & keep to one make of RGB hardware if you can, keep it simple. I'd use gigabytes own motherboard RGB software.

Fans, buy your preferred choice in a bundle. According to the description these come with both splitters for fan power & RGB. Plug fans into the board using the splitters, Control the fans speed in the motherboard bios & the RGB. I'd also not try to overload both the fan ports & RGB ports on your board too (no more than 3 fans on each) looking at your setup you'd need 2 packs of these. I'd also forget about RGB strips too as I think 6 RGB fans in that case is enough. (I only have 3 fans in my 011d)

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £62.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Associate
OP
Hey Grimley!

Thank you for the response! much appreciated.

Will splitters be able to power up 6 fans and reservoir, cpu and gpu as welll? I think I will end up having 9 devices which have RGB lights.. As the amount of headers is a problem I left RGB strips where they are for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
The x570 board has 5 fan headers so you shouldn't have a problem powering your 6 fans. If it is a concern buy one of these: (I have one to control my 3 corsair fans) Just set up the fan profile in the bios for all the fans to spin at the same speed.

Total: £13.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Splitter for ARGB:
Total: £9.69 (includes shipping: £2.74)​

Back
Top Bottom