Suit to Boots interview a bit over the top?

Soldato
Hi there. I've got an interview tomarrow with Boots which I wish it goes well. Nothing major, just a few retail stuff like stock up and unpack and probably customer assistant.
Will it be over the top if I wore a suit? Considering i'm going to the interview straight from 6th Form, and in 6th form I have to wear a suit anyway as it's the dress code. I guess what i'm asking is, shall I leave the blazer jacket out, and just go in shirt, trousers and tie, or wear the blazer jacket aswell?

Cheers

kbc

kbc

Associate
Ricochet J said:
Hi there. I've got an interview tomarrow with Boots which I wish it goes well. Nothing major, just a few retail stuff like stock up and unpack and probably customer assistant.
Will it be over the top if I wore a suit? Considering i'm going to the interview straight from 6th Form, and in 6th form I have to wear a suit anyway as it's the dress code. I guess what i'm asking is, shall I leave the blazer jacket out, and just go in shirt, trousers and tie, or wear the blazer jacket aswell?

Cheers

Nope. Just fully suit yourself, you come across as better that way. It means you've actually made an effort and want the job. :p First impressions are key.

Soldato
I went for an interview for a well known high-street competitor straight from a moot and thus in a suit. Over dressing's unlikely to do you any harm, but equally I'd imagine taking the blazer off would still be fine.

fini

Permabanned
make an effort

also, make sure lots of hair care products and body lotion is dripping off you, maybe wear a nappy too?. That will show them your fammailr with there product range.

kbc

kbc

Associate
iBot said:
make an effort

also, make sure lots of hair care products and body lotion is dripping off you, maybe wear a nappy too?. That will show them your fammailr with there product range.

LoL. :D

Associate
As the others said, wear a suit with tie etc. Look the part - once you have the job, you'll be expected to look smart and professional - as you would expect when coming into any pharmacy. Though at Boots they most probably make you wear those white overalls. :)

Word of advice for Boots interview in particular.... show that you are willing to learn... you mention that you could be doing counter staff job. Each person who works behind the counter in a pharmacy has to gain a qualification or be working to a qualification just for serving behind the counter. And show that you're willing to stick with the job... last thing Boots wants is for you to go off to work somewhere else after spending money training you.

Good luck with the interview. Just remember that Boots have their own way of doing things unlike other pharmacy chains :)

Permabanned
part-time job, jeeze you'll come accross ridiculous just for a part-time job plus its not exactly the greatest job, so its not like their expecting the best.

Soldato
You cant be over the top when wearing a suit. I once went to an interview to be a porter and wore one. If you want any job, make an effort, doesnt matter how small a position your going for.

I got the job by the way, but turned em down as I went to work for M&S instead. :p

Last edited:

ojo

ojo

Permabanned
Jimbo said:
You cant be over the top when wearing a suite. I once went to an interview to be a porter and wore one. If you want any job, make an effort, doesnt matter how small a position your going for.

You wore a suite? Well, I guess you were demonstrating your carrying ability...

Wear a suit - honestly it does make a better impression.

Soldato
Yep, any interview for any job, I'll put a suit on.

As has been said, first impressions are key. Apparently most bosses/interviewers form their judgement as to whether they'll employ someone within the first 10 seconds of the interview, before they've even really spoken to you.

If I was interviewing candidates for a lowly job - shelf stacking at Sainsbugs or somesuch - and someone turned up in jeans and a t-shirt, I'd be insulted that they didn't think my company was worth suiting up for, and instantly view the person with scepticism.

Associate
My mate does 8 hour shifts at Boots on Saturdays. He's fully suited and booted every week so it'd be a good idea to wear one to an interview :)

Back
Top Bottom