1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suitable PS4 Games for a 4.5 year old

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by nantucket66, Sep 6, 2018.

1. nantucket66

Hitman

As per thread title, little one is 4 and a half, loves lego, superheroes, harry potter and kung fu panda, typical stuff I guess. The only game I have on my PS4 that is remotely suitable is the Kung Fu Panda beat 'em up which he likes.

Any other recommendations for something simple and fun? Doesn't necessarily have to be related to the above of course!

Ta :)

2. kurosagi01

Associate

SonicMania Plus springs to my mind at the moment
    Sega megadrive classic collection has variety of classic beat-em-up you both can play together

3. Arthur Hucksake

Mobster

You really cannot go wrong with Minecraft in peaceful mode. It's virtual lego almost.

4. davewhite04

Mobster

snes mini hardly takes up any room, comes with 2 pads and mario kart and a few other classic 1 and 2 player games, plus it's easy to stick another 100+ games on the system. Paradise for any kid, and £20-£25 more than the price of most ps4 games.

5. Mark1989

Capodecina

Any of the lego games

6. XeNoN89

Soldato

Ratchet & Clank although might be a bit difficult

7. Rammix

Gangster

As Mark said above the Lego games are great for kids Knack is one of my sons favourite games as well Maybe Little Big planet

8. ZXSpectrum

Sgarrista

Lego games would be my choice. My nephew loves the Batman/Star Wars Lego games.

9. davewhite04

Mobster

I'd say too young for Minecraft or Lego.

10. jamief

Soldato

My (near) 5 year old twins play Lego City undercover quite a lot on the Switch and get on fine.

11. bloodiedathame

Soldato

Rocket League, Sound Shapes, Trials Fusion. My 4 year old loves those.

12. shorttricky

Hitman

Any Skylanders (later versions are better, just because figures are backwards compatible) and Disney Infinity v.3 - you can pick up older base games cheap as anything, and random figures are always popping up on sale in our local Smyths / Home Bargains / Works - CEX often has pre-owned ones for next to nothing as well.

Games aren't even slightly taxing, but they're fun enough for what they are.

13. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Lego Jurassic world is good fun.

14. adey

Hitman

littlebigplanet

15. HeX

Capodecina

My 4 and 5 year old have finished the whole Lego Starwars saga, Lego Batman, and play the crap out of Minecraft on a daily basis.

They also love Plants Vs Zombies.

16. EdwardTeach

Mobster

Journey (and there is a similar game where you are swimming -Abzu)

Ratchet and Clank

Tearaway.

There are probably a few more, particularly indies, but in my house PS4 is mainly used by me.

At that age I would probably try and get a second hand wii u - nintendo always has loads of decent games suitable for kids, it is way more child friendly. They are often for sale on the MM.

My children are 6 and 8, and have grown up with the wii U (and now switch). Mario Kart (especially with the wheel) is a fantastic game for kids (and adults). Mario 3d world is fantastic game and can be played co-operatively. My kids played it together and completed it together aged 5&7. Captain Toad is also excellent as are all the super mario bros. They have recently got into playing Civ 6 on PC!

17. Liquid_Entity

Soldato

Isn't Spyro remake coming out soon on PS4?

18. davewhite04

Mobster

Kids are way ahead now, it's frightening.

19. nantucket66

Hitman

Thanks for all of the replies, picked up the Lego Harry Potter as he loves both of them. Maybe a bit complicated for him considering he's only played Kung Fu Panda which is a real button masher. Had an a hours blast yesterday evening and was good fun with me helping. He's clearly not going to be playing the game properly for a little while but I don't think matters one jot as long as he's having fun.

I'm sure he'll be doing it with his eyes closed in a 10 days time!

20. mmj_uk

Capodecina

The Last Guardian if you want him to develop some cognitive skills (it's not easy at times).