** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thanks! Far too early for this thread btw ;)

United have been linked with De Gea today again.

Should be a busy transfer window for a lot of clubs, will City and Chelsea compete under FFP? Will they ignore it? Will United finally ship out Gibson and get a decent midfielder in.

For me as a Man Utd fan I would personally be more than happy with a top class goalkeeper, one top class (ready to slot straight in) central midfielder and then focus on potential again.

I really don't think there's as much wrong with us as many make out but I can't deny a lack of quality in creating chances.

Defense I'm fine with as I think the twins will come on brilliantly, Vidic is a man mountain and with Ferdinand being deputised for brilliantly by Smalling I'm quite content. On the wings I'm happy enough with Nani/Valencia/Park/Giggs if we bring Cleverley back in and maybe Welbeck. Forward line Hernandez has been a star and Berbatov has stepped up a gear this season, hoping Rooney keeps up his apparent return to form and I'll be happy enough with that, maybe get someone in if Owen leaves.

Which just leaves our keepers and midfield, Hargreaves is class but practically dead. Scholes is getting too old to rely on, ditto Giggs. Carricks confidence is shot, Anderson still has a lot to prove, Gibson has actually been a bit better recently but is still pony, Fletcher has had a bad season. Just one leader in there would make a world of difference and we could ship out the dead wood.

Soldato
not sure about defoe's future, scores 2 great goals at wolves and then doesn't get a look in against milan? don't know whether him and redknapp have fallen out or he was just not part of redknapp's game plan that night? i'd prefer we had a clear out of all our strikers tbh and build around vdv.
i wont hold my breath over king and woodgate but they seem to be making progress though it would be unfair on dawson and gallas if they walked straight back in. i hope we offer gallas an extension, he's been a very good assett for us. we need better cover at right back as hutton is far too sporadic. with huddlestone still to come back, palacios and sandro hopefully fulfilling his potential we are well covered for holding and break up midfielders.
i hope we hold onto bale and modric, it would seem they love it at the club but everyone has a price. jenas, bentley, kranjcar are not irreplacable though i wouldn't mind if they stayed.
gomes it a tough one, he can go from motm to clown quite easily.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been a bad few weeks to be an Arsenal fan, all that is about to change.

Mad Man Jens is coming back home. Things are about to get wild in the Premier League.

Soldato
Rodwell / Modric would do nicely at Manchester United :p

By the sounds of it Rodwell is a done deal (and to be fair to Everton, due to cashflow issues, its believable), and with his versatility it would be a good addition.

I would love Modric (and Bale if Im honest) at Utd, but I cant see either being allowed to move even for a king's ransom (which I dont think Utd would offer anyway, even if they do like giving our money to Spurs lol.

Anyone believe the rumours about Ashley Young to Utd? Personally think we need left sided attacking options. Park is great but hes more of a central midfielder anyway and cuts inside, rather than a natural winger.

I still have a suspicion that Evra will leave in the summer for Madrid, I really hope he doesnt, but I wont be surpised at all.

Also been rumours about Buffon, which would be a good capture but probably pretty expensive and probably only a 5 years or so at best before he retires so a pretty short term fix (and for the price tag, Im not convinced its worth it)

Caporegime
It's been a bad few weeks to be an Arsenal fan, all that is about to change.

Mad Man Jens is coming back home. Things are about to get wild in the Premier League.

LOL:D

I dont particularly see anything changing with Wenger and Arsenal...he wont spend money or if he does it will be on average french players, of which he seems to have a major hard on for:p....we will still have the likes of Denilson and Diaby in our squad and he will play them and they will cost us games as per usual.

OR he could change things a lot and get rid of the deadwood in our club and buy some decent world rated players...perhaps a few defenders and a GK to boot.

Wouldnt be surprised if Fabregas goes this season to Barca....all depending on if Barca meet our asking price that is but feel sorry for Fabregas as hes just wasting his young yrs being at a club that cant seem to win a ****ing trophy for love or money:p:D

Soldato
.....is but feel sorry for Fabregas as hes just wasting his young yrs being at a club that cant seem to win a ****ing trophy for love or money:p:D

Are you suggesting Arsenal have tried paying off the officials - as we all know they dont pay much for their players?:D

Associate
We could do with a top/world class striker, and a gk to replace Gomes as im still not convinced by him, and hes getting fat:)

Soldato
World class CB needed to partner Kompany. Someone like Chilleni or Thiago Silva. Boateng is coming on recently though so its doubtful Mancini will buy one!
A quick winger is needed, we have sorely missed Johnson and SWP doesnt have it anymore. Milner cannot play on the wing at all so he needs to be starting CM where Barry is now.
Someone like Yassine El Ghannesey would be good and apparently a deal is in place or Bellamy if he wants to come back would still be a good option.

In: Winger and Attacking mid.
Out: Adebayor, Bridge, SWP, Jo, Onuoha, Caicedo and Santa Cruz.

Soldato
So what currency is everyone thinking in these days? Darren Bents or Andy Carrolls?

I don't think Spurs would accept anything less than 2 Darren Bents for Modric.

Soldato
World class CB needed to partner Kompany. Someone like Chilleni or Thiago Silva. Boateng is coming on recently though so its doubtful Mancini will buy one!
A quick winger is needed, we have sorely missed Johnson and SWP doesnt have it anymore. Milner cannot play on the wing at all so he needs to be starting CM where Barry is now.
Someone like Yassine El Ghannesey would be good and apparently a deal is in place or Bellamy if he wants to come back would still be a good option.

In: Winger and Attacking mid.
Out: Adebayor, Bridge, SWP, Jo, Onuoha, Caicedo and Santa Cruz.

and here I was thinking you said two days ago that SWP was good enough quality for any top four squad :D

Is 2 Darren Bents the same as 6 VDVs ?:)

Thats what Utd need to do - find a set of sextuplets as good as VdV and allow them to cough share cough the squad number (Im sure next season we will have "Rafio" on our books, instead of Rafael and Fabio :))

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd like 5 "signings" as United

Cleverley
Welbeck (Leave Macheda out on loan for another season)
A creative attacking central midfielder
A top quality GK
A good defensive midfielder.

And then I'd like to see Gibson go and Scholes retire.

Soldato
I'd like to see the back of the Irish trio of O'shea, Gibson and Evans, they are all rubbish.

I'd like to see a right back signed as cover for Rafeal, I's like to see an actual left winger, a decent goal keeper, a 4th center back, and at least two midfielders preferably two that can run about a bit, tackle a bit, and pass the ball forward sometimes.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Well it's obvious about United that Sir Alex needs to spend.

Rule out the Keeper as everyone knows that Sir Alex will buy a Keeper, just depends who he goes for.

Would love to see a Creative Midfielder. It's what we really need. Someone who can drive us forward, and the killer pass to the strikers to feed.

Wes Brown is a gona i think, can see him being sold. Gibson im sure he'll go. Both Owen's to be released. So there will be improvements available. Few spots up for grabs.

daz

daz

Soldato
not sure about defoe's future

On paper, if you look at his record he's not the "proven" goal scorer that he sometimes come across as (or people put him across as) - his ratio is pretty poor compared with other players in his position at top teams. I think his days are numbered at Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom