Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just been looking at some of the new players that have joined PL clubs so far. Looks like there could be a few 'Michu' esq players for Fantasy Football points.

Altidore for Sunderland and their new Italian Midfielder (Gianicaarni or somesuch) could be good for points if Di Canio can make a system that works.

Van Wolfswinkel and Hooper for Norwich both seem to have almost a goal every other game for their career stats to date, so if service is forthcoming there could be plenty of goals there too.

Interested to know if I've missed any other 'keep an eye on them' players to consider ! Could be a great season :)

Soldato
I don't know why I do it. I know that talking to cm is like talking to a brick wall but there's a part of me that thinks that maybe he'll change. How wrong am I?

Some of the stuff he comes out with is too funny to put him on ignore though.

Oh yeah he's better to laugh at than to stick on ignore.

It's just not worth even entertaining getting into a debate because it's like as you say, like talking to a brick wall.

Soldato
there are quite a few untapped markets in football. USA is one of them. It will be pretty hard to calculate the total commercial impact of a player when you start considering that if Bale gives the Real Madrid brand a boost they will received increased sponsorship and advertising revenue. This is compounded by the fact that the improvement in brand recognition in a hitherto untapped market will outlive Bale's career.

There are some clever financial bods at Real Madrid who will have tried to place a value on this and this will be fed into the negotiations.

Soldato
I don't know why I do it. I know that talking to cm is like talking to a brick wall but there's a part of me that thinks that maybe he'll change. How wrong am I?

Some of the stuff he comes out with is too funny to put him on ignore though.

got a link for the kaka and ronaldo figures?

genuinely interested to view them...

Soldato
Interested to know if I've missed any other 'keep an eye on them' players to consider ! Could be a great season :)

One of my Fantasy Football picks, that I have as a banker(mates league, can pick 3 players no one else can) is Wilfred Bony at Swansea;)(the other 2 are Coutinho and Hazard btw)

Soldato
One of my Fantasy Football picks, that I have as a banker(mates league, can pick 3 players no one else can) is Wilfred Bony at Swansea;)(the other 2 are Coutinho and Hazard btw)

I wasn't sure what the deal with Bony is, certainly looks interesting. Coutinho is certainly in.

As it stands, I'm considering (with the telegraph, as that's what the work league is)

Mingolet

Rafael, Gibbs, Luiz

Giaccherini, Bale, Coutinho, Kagawa

Bony, Van Wolfswinkel, Sturridge

Kagawa is the only one I'm not sure on. But obviously that will change as will Bale if certain transfers go through.

Soldato
And that is the risk isn't it...

You put players like them in, you will just score what everyone else gets. If you don't put them in and they play a blinder. you miss out.

By the end of the season, certainly in our league at work, the top 5-6 teams are all pretty much identical bar a couple of players. It's whether you can justify taking a risk. There are always a few surprises as to who magically scores loads of points.

Soldato
giroud will suprise allot people

Check the betting thread...I have a bet on him to be top scorer;)

By the end of the season, certainly in our league at work, the top 5-6 teams are all pretty much identical bar a couple of players. It's whether you can justify taking a risk. There are always a few surprises as to who magically scores loads of points.

Thats why we bought in this rule in my mates league, that you can pick 3 players who nobody else can...it was getting annoying last year, I was the only one with Bale, then he started scoring bucketloads of points, then suddenly everyone has him!!

Soldato
That's a bit of a risk for 2 reasons. Firstly he's not very good and secondly, Arsenal are desperately trying to sign a top class striker which will limit his opportunities.

I was actually quite impressed with him last season. Saw him 3 times in the flesh too, and two of those times he was the best player on the pitch by some distance. I also heard that Wenger has big plans for him this season from an Arsenal pal of mine(though he might have just been messing tbh)

...and you know as well as I do, that Arsenal are not trying to buy anyone...they would **** themselves if Liverpool accepted an offer for Suarez!:p

Don
did you look at the figures compared to other clubs? British clubs? German clubs?

I hope I don't regret asking this but why would you need to compared their figures to other sides when looking at the impact the signing of Ronaldo had on their finances?

Soldato
I was actually quite impressed with him last season. Saw him 3 times in the flesh too, and two of those times he was the best player on the pitch by some distance. I also heard that Wenger has big plans for him this season from an Arsenal pal of mine(though he might have just been messing tbh)

Yeah I agree, I think he's a very good player. It sounds ridiculous, but his worst asset is his luck. The number of times last season when he almost connected with the ball too well, and if he'd scuffed it it would have gone into the corner, were incredible. His touch is also decent, and he plays people in well.

I'm not sure he'll get top scorer, but I think he'll impress people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom