1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by The__Malteser, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trusty

Sgarrista

How so? I understand the facts he brought forward. what i'm saying is, how do you know what caused the increase in commercial revenue? so many factors to consider. How much a RM worth at the mo? are they the richest club in the world? I know there was a lot of hooha over that land. how much was that wortth?

edit, baz will know what i mean, hopefully. :o

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/sam.san...orbes-2013-list/real-madrid-value-3-3-billion

Forbes saying RM are the richest

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. cm1179

Mobster

it's just as much as how they benefit the team they still actually play for. it's not simply about where they may be going.

bale is incredibly important to spurs on and off the field. hence the price.

3. BaZ87

Don

I'm really struggling to be honest mate.

Real are massive, there's little room for them to increase their global appeal. Signing Bale, just like when they signed Ronaldo, will make little to no difference commercially.

I'm not sure how much simpler I can make it.

edit: and I don't have a ****ing clue what cm's post has got to do with what I said :/

4. Bucket

Soldato

You don't understand what he's saying, which is why I said it's like you haven't read it.

^^ As above, it can't be put more simply!

5. Trusty

Sgarrista

I believe you are seeing it too much in monetary terms. The economy is in the mire anyway. Bale is going to be one of the best players in the world, surely that must have a positive effect, no?

It's odd how RM are top, they haven't won much recently.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  6. BaZ87

Don

Bale is already a very good player and should get better, and of course, from a football point of view, having him is a positive. You replied to my post specifically rubbishing the whole branding/shirt sales argument though - I wasn't talking about his football ability.

As I said, the only reason why Real would pay a huge fee for Bale is for his football ability not for commercial gain because there wouldn't be any (of note).

7. cm1179

Mobster

you do surprise me, BAZ.

8. Bucket

Soldato

I know constructing proper sentences isn't something you see or do often cm but to us normal folk it's quite common.

Nothing surprising here, move along.

9. Trusty

Sgarrista

I've been talking about the general marketability of players and affect they have on the team, in general, monetary, ability wise. Which ever way you want to spin it.

What about that Forbes list, what do you make of that? How does the value of RM outnumber Barca for example..

10. cm1179

Mobster

you're wasting your time on both BAZ and bucket going down this route...

11. BaZ87

Don

Real are and have been a bigger club than Barca for years. Also you have to take these valuations with a pinch of salt. Like with a player, a club's only worth what somebody is willing to pay.

And again, there's no commercial reason for Real signing Bale. It's only about the football.

12. Trusty

Sgarrista

Definite pinch of salt, like i was saying when you were chucking 9% about or whatever it was.. can't remember :p

Personally, i think there is a huge amount of commercial potentially from signing a player with great marketability.

13. cm1179

Mobster

therefore, bale is currently worth £85m. you've just said it yourself.

14. Trusty

Sgarrista

This is what i was meaning by have we got a formal bid from Real? Is the 85mil rumours? I think there target is way higher than that personally..Spurs will fight tooth and nail..I reckon 100mil would get him though...

15. cm1179

Mobster

bale is a £100m player no other players stock is higher.

16. Bucket

Soldato

Sorry that we aren't joining you down the ****ing mental loony bin route, mate.

17. Stewy

Capodecina

this is, quite honestly, the most boring and unproductive topic of conversation I have read in any thread ever.

18. Steedie

Man of Honour

LOL!

19. Bucket

Soldato

I'm not sure, Modrics Market Value TM one might have been worse.

20. Trusty

Sgarrista

i'm interested. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.