Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Associate
Surely it all depends on how he matures and adapts. Just look at Ronaldo when he first came to the Prem.
yes ofc it does, however cr7 was what 18 or so when he joined man utd?? salah is 25 now and is/should be approaching his peak years. personally i feel he is one of those players more suited to the italian/spanish leagues more than he is the EPL. similar to cuadrado i guess. fantastic players who are just not suited to the hustle of english football.

as i said i hope im wrong as salah is amazing to watch and any team that has an in form mane and salah will be something special to watch going forward

Associate
Doh - I thought you were talking about Mbappe from the two posts directly above yours. I totally glossed over the fact you quoted a post about Salah :o
ah that explains it then. mbappe i think will go on to be a genuine world superstar if he so wishes. guy has literally everything to go on and become one of the worlds best players in a few years time, however i think 119m is a little OTT

Caporegime
I don't want Dier or Matic. Can't understand why Jose wouldn't go for Fabinho.

Dier is the really baffling one. We'd have to pay the Spurs tax, plus the English tax for a player that isn't even homegrown.

Associate
I don't want Dier or Matic. Can't understand why Jose wouldn't go for Fabinho.

Dier is the really baffling one. We'd have to pay the Spurs tax, plus the English tax for a player that isn't even homegrown.
you mean for the RB position??? hes never a dmf from what ive seen of him and he is wasted there as his main strengths was playing as an attacking full back?

Don
OP
Very true, not sure Chelsea would want to sell him to us though. Nobody seems to rate Dier, pundit or fan, I don't get the fuss either... he's always looked quite average.
I said cheaper but yea, I can't see Chelsea selling him to you for anything other than silly money. Even so, anything is better than £50m on Dier.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Dier is worth £20m even in the current market. Massively average. Not that convinced by Matic either unless he was cheap. Better than what we have but we could do much better

Soldato
Dier is worth £20m even in the current market. Massively average. Not that convinced by Matic either unless he was cheap. Better than what we have but we could do much better

+1

Much prefer to see how Fabinho would do as a DM but sounds like JM is going for Matic at roughly the same amount of money £40m ish

( and by all accounts Fabinho is an even better full back also, so surely this would be a win win even if he had to replace Valencia in the next year or so)

yes ofc he can what im saying is in the dmf position he is nowhere near as effective or as good as he is playing RB where he can spend the majority of the game playing as a 2nd winger.

when he was at RB he was giving motm performances week in, week out until he moved to dmf.

I know its "only" france with PSG being the only challengers for the title most years but he still played majority of league and CL games in DM position and helped get the team to the top of the tree and semi's in the CL against much more experienced opponants

Back
Top Bottom