Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Associate
Why is what they paid last summer relevant? They didn't have to pay the market price, they only had to pay a set amount due to a clause in a contract. And it was Euros not Pounds.
did they not buy him back with the release clause ( 23 or 32m euros?? ) as other teams were sniffing about with 50m upwards price tag??? im sure arsenal were reportedly interested at one point

Soldato
or another henry
Difference is that Henry cost around £14m

The Michu reference was that he had had one good season.

£100m plus after a single good season is a Huge gamble. Next year you will see what he is made of when two or three players are marking him.

You are right he could turn out to be brilliant and they have a player at his peak for 10 plus years. Or he flops...

Caporegime
Lacazette to Arsenal is the new Benzema to Arsenal. Trotted out every transfer window and never happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsene puts in a deliberately low bid so he can say 'we bid for him' and 'we keep bidding for the best players, to try and improve the squad' then signs some 19 year old kid no one has heard of as 'one for the future' in desperation to try and find another Henry.

Associate
Lacazette to Arsenal is the new Benzema to Arsenal. Trotted out every transfer window and never happens. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsene puts in a deliberately low bid so he can say 'we bid for him' and 'we keep bidding for the best players, to try and improve the squad' then signs some 19 year old kid no one has heard of as 'one for the future' in desperation to try and find another Henry.

This came up before but i'd like to know who these deliberate low bids are for? Literally no one apart from a stupid bid for Suarez. Sanchez, Ozil? Arsenal generally bid what they can afford unlike some who just spend whatever.

Soldato
Unless you work in these bid teams then it's all speculation. Who knows they might be making all these bids but maybe the player isn't interested, who knows...

Aguero swap for Sanchez is the latest rumour. I think most Arsenal fans would take that swap. Not sure Aguero would though.

Caporegime
Unless you work in these bid teams then it's all speculation. Who knows they might be making all these bids but maybe the player isn't interested, who knows...

Aguero swap for Sanchez is the latest rumour. I think most Arsenal fans would take that swap. Not sure Aguero would though.
I said this not too long ago to a few friends that if Sanchez wants to go to City then we should say ok we want Aguero in return.

I think that's a fair trade but it won't happen and I truly hope we do not sell him to City unless it's a stupidly high price.

Back
Top Bottom