Summer Transfer Window 2017/18 - Rumours & Signings

Don
It's getting to that time of year when transfer rumours start picking up so I thought I'd get this thread up.

Use this thread to discuss anything from rumours to actual signings or even just who or what type of players you think your side needs for the upcoming season.

Andy Heaton says on twitter that providing we finish top 4 then Van Dijk has agreed to sign for us. Good start to the window if true.

Journo's close to City say he wants to play under Pep and journo's close to Chelsea are saying he's Stamford Bridge bound. Looks like he's keeping his options open.

Caporegime
Well United are linked with the entire Monaco team, Griezmann and Lukaku so far. Don't want Lukaku really.

Out of Monaco I'm most interested in Fabinho, Bakayoko is probably too similar to Pogba though, we more need a future Carrick replacement.

Soldato
It's getting to that time of year when transfer rumours start picking up so I thought I'd get this thread up.

Use this thread to discuss anything from rumours to actual signings or even just who or what type of players you think your side needs for the upcoming season.

Journo's close to City say he wants to play under Pep and journo's close to Chelsea are saying he's Stamford Bridge bound. Looks like he's keeping his options open.

True enough but then im not sure how connected those journos are...I do know that Heaton wouldnt put it out there if he didnt know something in fairness.

40-50mil could be the fee...seems a lot when we need players in other areas.

Don
OP
True enough but then im not sure how connected those journos are...I do know that Heaton wouldnt put it out there if he didnt know something in fairness.

40-50mil could be the fee...seems a lot when we need players in other areas.
I wasn't questioning Heaton. The point I was making is that it seems like the Van Dijk camp are telling different people different things and who can blame him? When you've got 3 or 4 of the biggest sides in the league after you, you're in a position to dictate terms.

Agree it's a lot of money but the one area we need improving most is CB. My issue isn't spending that much on a CB but on a CB that's been injured for the last 5 months.

Soldato
Utd have also been linked with 1/2 the Real Madrid team it seems as part of a deal to take DDG back to Spain

Would love to see him stay, but also sick of the speculation nearly every summer for the last 4 or 5 years. Its a question of when rather than if.
Kroos and Verane for DDG would be a good deal........not that it would ever happen, probably end up with the showboating donkey that is Rodrigues (brilliant world cup before RM bought him, but way over priced) I also dont like them strengthening by getting our best player only give us back a bit part player of theirs.

Half the current links to Utd will disappear once they exit the EL

Caporegime
How often do exchanges actually happen? The exact same rumours happened when we sold Ronaldo. I don't think we'll see anyone come in exchange unless we're still interested in Navas.

Soldato
How often do exchanges actually happen? The exact same rumours happened when we sold Ronaldo. I don't think we'll see anyone come in exchange unless we're still interested in Navas.

I don't actually think it would happen. I think Man U would rather the money to buy who they need to be honest, though I think keeping hold of De Gea until someone similar is through the door is important.

Soldato
Arsenal to be linked to everybody, rumours of a £300m "war chest" before eventually signing a young Japanese kid who will immediately go out on loan, and a back up goal keeper on the last day of the season.

That's Arsenals summer for you gents, you can ignore any other Arsenal transfer rumours.

Man of Honour
I've mentioned that before, there's always talk of exchanges when it comes to transfers but they rarely, if ever, happen.
Same as a manager 'Going upstairs' at a club when his time is up.

Soldato
I don't actually think it would happen. I think Man U would rather the money to buy who they need to be honest, though I think keeping hold of De Gea until someone similar is through the door is important.

No disrespect to anyone else, but ( if the reports are true) when the club can in theory spend £250m if they want - is £60m actually going to make a big difference?

imo if you lose a big name like DDG, then only a Kroos or something like that will change that, adding £60m to the pot does very little

Its also a bargaining tool - if we are going to lose someone important to our team, then you have to lose someone important to yours to compensate (and to show how serious you are)
It also shows any others coming in after that we are still moving positive steps by getting a decent player in return rather than cash

hope Navas isnt even part of the thought process - temporary solution at best

Soldato
Andy Heaton says on twitter that providing we finish top 4 then Van Dijk has agreed to sign for us. Good start to the window if true.
Been rumoured that for weeks however It goes against everything klopp has stated, he wants players who want Liverpool not ones who just want Europe so if van dijk made that demand I'm not sure klopp would be happy

Back
Top Bottom