Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
And in this week's edition of LolManUtd, the club is desperate to sign a player that doesn't want to play for them: Frenkie de Jong.

I don't think he doesn't want to play for them, he ideally wanted to stay at Barca if he could, I think he's bought into the ETH vision and plan and is on board already with the deal agreed. It was crystal clear in the end Barca were willing to depart with FDJ and they are desperate for cash, unwilling to ever want to let go of gavi/Pedri.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is De Jong very highly regarded at Barca? Obviously they need the funds. Just wondering how 'big' of a loss he'll be for their style of play.

I believe so, yes. However, Barca as a club have always favoured homegrown players, of which they have a few. Therefore FDJ has been deemed expendable in order to try and help solve their financial 'situation'.

Which has worked out well as we urgently need a top midfielder and FDJ knows Ten Hag well, etc.

Soldato
I believe so, yes. However, Barca as a club have always favoured homegrown players, of which they have a few. Therefore FDJ has been deemed expendable in order to try and help solve their financial 'situation'.

Which has worked out well as we urgently need a top midfielder and FDJ knows Ten Hag well, etc.

It will be interesting how he uses him. For Ajax when they had most success they played two 'sixes'. They also tried him at CB to try and get the team to play out from the back but it failed miserably and he got turned inside out. Playing the deep CM role playmaking he was exceptional, having tadic/DVB Infront of him.

Consigliere
It will be interesting how he uses him. For Ajax when they had most success they played two 'sixes'. They also tried him at CB to try and get the team to play out from the back but it failed miserably and he got turned inside out. Playing the deep CM role playmaking he was exceptional, having tadic/DVB Infront of him.

Mm its almost like De Jong is the 'magic puzzle piece' and then he can adapt, for now, the other players around him. I am guessing here but looks like it!

Caporegime
Romano reporting we're trying to hijack Lyon's deal for Malacia now. He was a player we were reportedly interested in at the start of the summer (ETH is apparently a fan) I would assume the intention is he replaces Telles.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Man of Honour
Regardless of whether they are the right players or not, it's nice to see Arsenal actually getting deals done early in the summer for once so they have a chance to integrate into the squad (especially with the world cup being moved) rather than the usual panic buying close to the deadline.

Don
Minamino's completed his move to Monaco. As I said when news of the deal came out, he played an important part in our Cup runs last season but was never getting a look-in in the League or CL so a move away was the best for him and we double our money on him.

Back
Top Bottom