Summer Transfer Window 22/23

Soldato
I'm going for the only possible positive spin on this news..... It means that the club have finally recognised that there is absolutely no way they can continue with McFred.

Soldato
Barcelona play their first match this coming Saturday, if they wish to register the 5 new signing’s and 2 contract renewals then FDJ will either need to accept a wage cut or to move to another club.
as for Rabiot, is he plan B or to compliment FDJ?
Arnautovic will surely only be a back up to Ronaldo/Martial. Ten Haag has already said more depth is needed for the games ahead, and Ronaldo will be in the first eleven when fully fit.

Soldato
I’m puzzled as to why they didn’t go for Neves or Tielemans over Rabiot
Tielemans isn't a CDM is he. We'd be better looking at Ndidi to replace McFred. Neves I can only assume they made an enquiry and canny Wolves priced him beyond United's valuation. Arguably Leicester and Wolves will be viewing United as rivals so wouldn't want to sell to strengthen a rival for top 6? They should have gone for Caicedo or Bissouma early in the window. It's hard to see the logic in prioritising an additional CB, LB over CDM when we lost 4 first team midfielders (Pogba, Mata, Matic, Lingard). It's a level of incompetence that would lose me my job.

Soldato
So eth is a fraud.

A good manager can take players from any league, having managed them before or not AND improve them and the existing players

By picking tactics that give players a chance to display their best qualities and help the team win.

United have played a single game. That's a daft statement.

I do think he's handled the whole Ronaldo situation badly though.

Soldato
Did anyone honestly expect ETH to just have everything sorted on game 1? All I read was he needs time and now people are already all over him. Ridiculous. The last 3 managers have all decided you need 2 DM's and picked McFred. Maybe because they don't trust the defence and there isn't anyone better to play there?

Caporegime
United have played a single game. That's a daft statement.

I do think he's handled the whole Ronaldo situation badly though.

Playing at home with just a false 9?

Spending ALL summer chasing FdJ instead of moving on.

Watching us play exactly the same as last season. And trying to sign Arnoutovic and this other guy.

It's bad. Real bad.

Soldato
Did anyone honestly expect ETH to just have everything sorted on game 1? All I read was he needs time and now people are already all over him. Ridiculous. The last 3 managers have all decided you need 2 DM's and picked McFred. Maybe because they don't trust the defence and there isn't anyone better to play there?

Id have expected them to be in a better situation then they are currently. If United do sign Rabiot and Arnautovic it'll be hilarious.

Milinković-Savić - yes please.

I'll take Rabiot too just so we don't have to keep watching McTominay.

Surely you'd rather play a prospect...whats the point in bringing that circus? I'd seriously question ETH though if you do go ahead and sign Rabiot and Arnautovic after his comments midweek.

Man of Honour
Id have expected them to be in a better situation then they are currently. If United do sign Rabiot and Arnautovic it'll be hilarious.

Surely you'd rather play a prospect...whats the point in bringing that circus? I'd seriously question ETH though if you do go ahead and sign Rabiot and Arnautovic after his comments midweek.

I would, I was expecting Garner to be playing a bit, but no sign of that so far. Garner + Milinković-Savić would be a decent start in central midfield.

Soldato
I would honestly take a cardboard cutout of FDJ in midfield if it resulted in not seeing McFred get overrun in that area game in, game out.

It's one game of the season so far so I'm not going to make any comprehensive assessment at how our season will play out, but it's disappointing to see that we seem to be rushing last ditch transfers through yet again.

The whole FDJ debacle was embarrassing.

Caporegime
I would honestly take a cardboard cutout of FDJ in midfield if it resulted in not seeing McFred get overrun in that area game in, game out.

It's one game of the season so far so I'm not going to make any comprehensive assessment at how our season will play out, but it's disappointing to see that we seem to be rushing last ditch transfers through yet again.

The whole FDJ debacle was embarrassing.

I wonder what ETH has against James Garner. He played 49 games for Forest last season and chipped in with 4 goals and 8 assists. I know it is the championship but he was integral to Forests promotion last season and should be given the opportunity. He is the exact player we are missing.

The whole thing doesn't make any sense because ETH came across as a manager who has obviously been influenced by total football through his career and with a stint at Bayern he makes all the right noises as a progressive modern manager. He took players like Tadic who were flops at Southampton and made them into quality players. He also rebuilt his Ajax team quite quickly after being gutted by the big clubs after the 18/19 champions league campaign.

These transfers just seem like a total mess. The only explanation I can think of is that he was still committed to Ajax and has just come into this mess. Hopefully we will have a decent strategy in place for this Jan/next summer. After all Klopp didn't really get the players he wanted till his second summer transfer window.

Soldato
. After all Klopp didn't really get the players he wanted till his second summer transfer window.
Klopp worked with the squad he had and didn't make a 1st team transfer purchase in his 1st window which was the winter window, his 1st summer transfer window he signed Mane, Matip, Wijnaldum and a few others.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I wonder what ETH has against James Garner. He played 49 games for Forest last season and chipped in with 4 goals and 8 assists. I know it is the championship but he was integral to Forests promotion last season and should be given the opportunity. He is the exact player we are missing.

Doubt he has anything against him but despite the hyperbole, you cannot accurately assess players in pre-season so I reckon he wanted to see how his options in the middle of the park performed. He hooked Fred early despite McSauce being on a yellow so I think we know how that experiment was interpreted. Perhaps he will give Garner a go.

People just have zero patience. New manager. Players he doesn't know. New league for him. He hasn't got a lot of new signings yet. He has to work with what he has and has to work out exactly what he does have.

The whole thing doesn't make any sense because ETH came across as a manager who has obviously been influenced by total football through his career and with a stint at Bayern he makes all the right noises as a progressive modern manager. He took players like Tadic who were flops at Southampton and made them into quality players. He also rebuilt his Ajax team quite quickly after being gutted by the big clubs after the 18/19 champions league campaign.

Right, but all we see from the outside is "player X is dong well at Ajax after looking sub-par previously". How many of us actually followed Ajax closely enough to know how that story actually played out. By the end of the season our midfield might be completely different personnel to now but we are one game in. One. Come back after the new year and see where we are. How players are adapting and who are first choice.

These transfers just seem like a total mess. The only explanation I can think of is that he was still committed to Ajax and has just come into this mess. Hopefully we will have a decent strategy in place for this Jan/next summer. After all Klopp didn't really get the players he wanted till his second summer transfer window.

Fingers crosses. The FdJ sage is just bizarre at this point. There is now talk that Barca are trying to suggest the new contract Frenkie signed was illegal and they are trying to get it annulled. Honestly I just want the window to be over so that we can stop fixating on what we don't have and just get on with things with what we do. Fingers crossed we get another CM or two in. A RB would be lovely but I don't see that happening this summer.

I have faith in EtH but there is a massive gulf between how these players have been coached for the last 3 years and how EtH wants them to play. There are going to be some rough games but also some crackers I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom