Summer transfer window deadline to go back to 1 sep

Don
Apologies Rob. I did edit the title as you asked but then Andy edited it again to make it sound like gibberish. You just can't get the staff these days.

Man of Honour
Good, moving the deadline was a mistake in the first place IMO. Have to keep in line with the rest of the major leagues.

Caporegime
OP
I imagine the FA were hoping the rest will follow along. It doesn’t make any sense to continue with it when they aren’t all hopping on board.
They was never going to follow. We have the best talent in the world and it was a one way street. Allowed a period where they could buy our best players, without any chance of losing theirs to us.

It still gives that horrible period for most clubs though where you watch your best, but possibly unsettled players play for you and not knowing if they’ll still be there in a week or so.

Man of Honour
They was never going to follow. We have the best talent in the world and it was a one way street. Allowed a period where they could buy our best players, without any chance of losing theirs to us.

It still gives that horrible period for most clubs though where you watch your best, but possibly unsettled players play for you and not knowing if they’ll still be there in a week or so.

No doubt about it, in regards to european clubs being able to buy our best and unsettle players. However I'm fully in support of clubs not having to deal with transfer sagas after the season starts. I would prefer it if every european club (lets face it, no clubs from outside europe will attract our best unless they're homesick or desperate for a Spanish giant) followed suit and ended the window when the season starts.

It was a good move for football from the FA, they should probably try and get other major FA's on board before implementing it. As long as Spain, Italy and Germany aren't on board, it will always look like a rubbish idea for us.

Caporegime
OP
No doubt about it, in regards to european clubs being able to buy our best and unsettle players. However I'm fully in support of clubs not having to deal with transfer sagas after the season starts. I would prefer it if every european club (lets face it, no clubs from outside europe will attract our best unless they're homesick or desperate for a Spanish giant) followed suit and ended the window when the season starts.

It was a good move for football from the FA, they should probably try and get other major FA's on board before implementing it. As long as Spain, Italy and Germany aren't on board, it will always look like a rubbish idea for us.
When it comes to the crunch, its up to the clubs to be strict about it. They can set their own deadlines. Implement a straight rule of no outgoings of important players once the season begins.

Back
Top Bottom