1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sumvision Voyager 10.1 tablet

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by Mak3R, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Mak3R

Wise Guy

Anyone been able to find any sort of guide on using this? Documentation seems to be non existent.

I only ask because the one I got for my girlfriend has decided not to switch on anymore after connecting it via USB to my pc. I was able to transer a movie file to it, then after testing that file worked I re-connected again and the thing won't come on anymore... Making me look bad!

2. chippy08

Mobster

Theres no manual as far as i know these chinese Tablets are not well supported like more exspensive Tablets.
    Best to contact overclockers customer support.

3. Mak3R

Wise Guy

Hmm apparently it has revived itself when she took it home. This thing could be a nightmare!

And I didn't get the free SD card that was meant to come with it. *sad face*

4. chippy08

Mobster

Contact them to ask why you didnt get the free SD card

5. Mak3R

Wise Guy

This tablet is still randomly losing screen responsiveness and the other day it could only be brought back to life after switching off by a factory reset. I'd like to try updating the firmware/OS/Android from 4.1 to whatever is the newest and see if that helps before I go down the RMA root.
    Is it simple to update? I don't have the tablet here in front of me to check.

6. nippynoo

Gangster

Firmware update only available for 7" version, nothing yet for the 10.1".
    http://sumvision.com/productinfo/CycloneVoyager/voyager7support.asp
    http://sumvision.com/productinfo/CycloneVoyager/CycloneVoyager.asp

7. Mak3R

Wise Guy

Ah right thanks for that, last time I googled around for this tablet there wasn't even a site like that. At least the support for it is moving along I guess.

8. smegg5583

Associate

I've had some issues with the screen in that when the tablet is on lower than 20% power the screen spazzes out. It flickers and becomes unusable, after leaving it to charge for a while it sorts itself out again.

Is this something that I shoumd RMA this for or just expected?

This is the first tablet I've bought :S

9. Mak3R

Wise Guy

Sounds kinda similar to the problems I am having. And no I can't imagine that is to be expected.

10. nippynoo

Gangster

Success - Iplayer now works fine on my 10.1" voyager in full-screen mode using the Dolphin Browser "Beta" from the App store. Apparently this is the best browser for android - I'd never heard of it before...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  11. nippynoo

Gangster

Havent had the flickering issue - yet - but it only arrived today.

But a couple of times I did get the common fault of part of the touch screen not working and had to do a quick on/off to fix it... This is presumably a software issue.. Anyone found out what causes it? Is it a problem with other tablets - or just this one?

12. Mak3R

Wise Guy

I read somewhere on here that it has been reported on other tablets but there was no source to prove this. I just beleived it cus it made me feel better about my purchase.

Still might have to RMA though...

13. Diagro

Soldato

mine flickers like mad when under 11% battery life.

put it down to a battery issue and keep it charged above 11% now haha

14. tipsy

Wise Guy

I have a cube u30gt 10" ips tablet and it does silly things on low power with the screen becomming unresponsive, think its a common thing with cheap chinese kit. I still cant complain about it though as its a nice screen in mine.