Sunday is Toblerone Day aka "Happy Father's Day"

Permabanned
Yup, here in the UK, on Sunday I fully expect to receive my 15th consecutive annual Toblerone on Father's Day.

It's not that I don't appreciate it but, I get the wife the kids get their mum perfume and flowers on Mothering Sunday but on Father's Day the wife kids always get me a Toblerone.

At least it's a big Toblerone :rolleyes:

Associate
I'm expecting the standard bottle of Grouse. I hate blended whisky. I'm a Scotsman and my palate demands (obviously not demanding enough) a nice single highland malt.

Soldato
I wouldn't say no to a toblerone :D

For my dad, my sister's and I would tend to get him ginger wine or Captain Morgan's depending on what was running low plus a box of liquorice all sorts :)

he didn't mind though as he used to eat tons of the stuff !! (Every time I found liquorice wheels in a supermarket I'd ask him if he wanted any to which he would reply "Yes please, grab all of it" :D)

Permabanned
OP
I'm not a whisky hand TBH (Scotsman too) but I actually prefer a grain/blend if partaking. Singles are just a good vodka wasted in casks of crappy wines, sherry, ports etc. I'd much prefer a vodka LOL...I'm a disgrace to our race!

Soldato
I thought toblerone, was now persona non grata, and had been replaced by Twin Peaks ... and, toblerone, well, that had been appropriated elsewhere ..

leastways the supermarkets don't seem to be packed to the gunnels with them this year .. but maybe that's the brexit effect, or,
they moved them to an area where men don't go.

In the day, the white was the one to go for (no racial slur intended)... never got given a coconut one.

Soldato
Toblerone Day nope I cannot be doing with a cleft palate hate them with a passion.

Pair of socks and kiss and hug from my daughter will do me.

Soldato
uhhh, bloody toblerone day........I'm not even that keen on them

still, the universe will balance itself out when she gets the 3 for 2 boots smellies at Christmas

Soldato
Yup, here in the UK, on Sunday I fully expect to receive my 15th consecutive annual Toblerone on Father's Day.

It's not that I don't appreciate it but, I get the wife the kids get their mum perfume and flowers on Mothering Sunday but on Father's Day the wife kids always get me a Toblerone.

At least it's a big Toblerone :rolleyes:
Bah, all this newfangled nonsense! The correct gift on Father's Day is socks. Always socks. That's the tradition! :)

I could do with both Toblerone and socks! :D

Back
Top Bottom