Sunglasses (Yet Again) - Oakley Carbon?

Soldato
Syk3 said:
Now they are nice :cool:

Thats what im hopefully ordering sooner or later... either Grey, or just Black/Jet Black :)

s-

Oi.. they are my oakies

I have black Half jackets with black polarised lenses. I do love em, but i wouldnt mind having some poncy lenses, i also like the look of the other style half jackets.. the XJS or something.. which curve in on the sides.

Soldato
OP
Keylow said:
How do you order these online? There's not UK online shop.
Rubens Mens Wear do them online - but I'm probably gona get them from a US official Oakley store (you can phone up and have them made up.)
oakley.com/oakleystore/ said:
products. Store patrons can take advantage of Oakley Custom Eyewear, a program that lets them create their own eyewear design combinations to match personal style and needs with the unbeatable performance of High Definition Optics®.

Soldato
OP
gord said:
Oi.. they are my oakies

I have black Half jackets with black polarised lenses. I do love em, but i wouldnt mind having some poncy lenses, i also like the look of the other style half jackets.. the XJS or something.. which curve in on the sides.

XLJ Lenses, although I reckon the standard shape looks better.

lens_comparison_image.jpg

Soldato
I would NEVER buy a pair of sunglasses without putting them on and looking in a mirror 1st. But then I did spend over £200 on mine.

Go do a shop in the uk that sells the same frames and try them on 1st.

Bolle > Oakleys tho.

sunnies.JPG

Last edited:
Associate
I paid 200 quid for some Ti Square wires (real titanium by the way) and they're amazing, much better lenses than anything I've ever tried on, esp. some of my mates' designer pairs.

Associate
Mmm black metallic + black iridium polarised XLJ lenses - £130 - tempted!

Too bad its more expensive over here than america though >.<

But im worried about just buying them, i dont get to try them on

Soldato
Morthoseth said:
Mmm black metallic + black iridium polarised XLJ lenses - £130 - tempted!

Too bad its more expensive over here than america though >.<

But im worried about just buying them, i dont get to try them on
Aye like the chap said up a few..

I would never buy them without trying them on.

Soldato
Westyfield2 said:
Same here - And I'm only 16 (well nearly) so there's more chance of not fitting.
Any teenagers on here with Oakleys or know how they fit smaller peeps?

Well, im 19, and i bought my first oakleys at 15 for tennis, they were Fives and fitted my head fine from the start. They lasted me 4 years.. and i bought these Half Jackets not long ago which are quite wide but not oddly so, its just the styling of the stalks that go past your ears.

Associate
gord said:
Well, im 19, and i bought my first oakleys at 15 for tennis, they were Fives and fitted my head fine from the start. They lasted me 4 years.. and i bought these Half Jackets not long ago which are quite wide but not oddly so, its just the styling of the stalks that go past your ears.

Doesnt sound so bad then, its just i have problems finding any sort of sunglasses that suit me, i have a wierd shaped head sort of :p

Best way to explain that would be my myspace profile with a dodgy pic, without glasses on there though

www.myspace.com/eshmade

Not sure, but you will see why my head is oddly shaped :p

Soldato
OP
Plus-44 said:
Woooooaa Nelly Dont you be linking to my shop without permission :D .

Ive got the Camo framed half jackets with XLJ Black Iridium frames. They look awesome. I always said I'd get the standard lenses but they just didnt fit as nice as the XLJ!!

+44

Any pics of camo half jackets as the best I've found is:
hfj_camo2.jpg

Soldato
OP
gord said:
Thanks.

Final decision is probably gona be:
OR
OR

The teenage part of me is saying: "Get the Ice Iridium Polarized" whereas the sensible side is saying "The blue looks kiddish, get the Black Iridium Polarized"

Lets say I get the Ice Iridium Polarized and in the future I deciede to change the lenses (presuming it's possible) to the Black Iridium Polarized,how much am I looking at?

Last edited:
Soldato
Westyfield2 said:
Same here - And I'm only 16 (well nearly) so there's more chance of not fitting.
Any teenagers on here with Oakleys or know how they fit smaller peeps?

Ive tried on most Oakleys, in a shop near me, all fitted me nicely and ive just turned 16 =)

Also, them Half Jacket Standard fitted me nicely =)

s-

Soldato
Westyfield2 said:
Thanks.

Final decision is probably gona be:
OR
OR

The teenage part of me is saying: "Get the Ice Iridium Polarized" whereas the sensible side is saying "The blue looks kiddish, get the Black Iridium Polarized"

Lets say I get the Ice Iridium Polarized and in the future I deciede to change the lenses (presuming it's possible) to the Black Iridium Polarized,how much am I looking at?

Oakley have a section on their website for Lenses, i tihnk they're in the £80 range?

Not sure though

s-

Back
Top Bottom