1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

super mario world (snes) question

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by cokecan, 17 May 2006.

1. cokecan

Sgarrista

hey guys. been tyrin to complete this lately. gettin quite far, done 81 levels so far (not at the end yet) :) but theres 1 level thats bugging me.

chocolate island 3

its the one that has 3 of the arrows at the end which i assume means 3 exit points???. ive done 2 of them, (the first one above you that takes you round in a circle on the map) and the second one where you have to fly over to it, but does anyone know how to reach the third one if theres one??

i done some googling but havnt found anythin particular, most sites just says 2 exits, but im sur ei read a while ago you need to get to the end in under 50 secs (this might have been chocolate island 2 as ive done both exits on this one too)

anyone have any ideas??

EDIT: heres an image:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 17 May 2006
  2. sharingan_sasuk

Wise Guy

Isn't there one where you need a Blue Yoshi and then fly UNDER the goal? I remember I had to do this once and when he's about to swallow the shell, you jump out and hopefully land on the platform near the other secret goal. And yes, unfortunately you have to sacrifice poor old Yoshi to get that.

Probably a different level though. Plus I just checked a few walkthroughs on gamefaqs.com and they all say 2 exits.

3. cokecan

Sgarrista

hmmm, maybe fly across to the second goal, and sacrifice yoshi to go under the second goal??

lol tricky but could be worth it

4. kuen_long

Gangster

yup I remember doing that

5. XPE

Soldato

dont need a blue yoshi, just the blue shell to make yoshi fly and then do what you said :D

6. cokecan

Sgarrista

hence what the blue turtle is there at the end for :)

7. cokecan

Sgarrista

errr, just thought. where exactly does this other exit go to?? lol

8. xiphrex

Wise Guy

Im guessing you have not uncovered any of the star levels? If so your in for a treat. :D

9. daz

Capodecina

Star Land and then the extra hard levels ("Gnarly" etc) are great fun!

10. cokecan

Sgarrista

ive done all the star road and im on tubular of the secret star levels??? unlocked these ages ago

11. cokecan

Sgarrista

ive just got past the second finish line, but theres nothing there. i used yoshi and a blue shell, flew under the line and theres nothing. you can only go so far before the end of the screen stops you???

12. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

Im sure the guys above are right. it IS there somewhere m8y, cant remem what it does tho.

Best thing about this game was finishing it in like 10 levels. My m8 had put 40hours in and was somewhere in the forgotton forest. I loaded it up while he went to eat dinner and 40 mins later he turned up to see me finishing off bowser lol he was gutted!!!

13. GhostFace

Hitman

Just got my Gameboy Micro out and had a look, I think there is only two exits, straight forward and around in the circle. I've got the 100 done so I think I'm right. And I'm pretty sure it's chocolate island 2 where you have to do it in under 50 secs.

14. sharingan_sasuk

Wise Guy

Yea, Nintendo are the masters when it comes to ingenious things like that. It's just so fun going through the game again and you don't believe there could seriously be more to do.

I still remember the feeling I had when I accessed Special World!

15. GTCole

Gangster

Oh man this brings back memories lol

I remember having this on the Snes and completed 96 Level's i think and there are 97 (correct me if i'm wrong) and never could find the last level (this was before Internet and walkthroughs lol......anyway.......i picked up a GBA and this and finally managed to complete the whole game!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

16. daz

Capodecina

I think 97 requires the use of an action replay cartridge to reach a hidden exit... i'm not entirely sure though.

17. cokecan

Sgarrista

ive just thought what part you guys might be thinking about. cheese Bridge area jsut outside vanilla dome.

that level you have to fly under the first goal and sacrifice yoshi etc to get to the second one, which leads you to soda lake and then onto the star road (remember doin this a while ago)

guess there isnt a 3rd exit then...?

Last edited: 18 May 2006
  18. GTCole

Gangster

Maybe thats the reson i couldn't find it lol

*ponders the hours wasted.......*

19. Ultra_Extreme

Perma Banned

only place ive never managed to find was the fortress in bowsers land. I had all levels EXCEPT that. No idea if you need to cheat to get there. spent years looking. lol

20. cokecan

Sgarrista

you talking about the fortress infront of bowsers castle that leads to the side enterence of his castle???

i found that a couple fo days ago, found it by pure fluke lol but still, on the bits of land that move up and down in the level, when you get to where the big mole things are, you need to jump up and to the left off the moving land and you go over the top of the ceiling and out of the screen (supe rmario bro's 1 style on some of htem levels) and you find the hidden key and lock