Supermarket and Fast Food management phrases

Permabanned
I've been a lowly supermarket grunt all my life, I still find it amusing when your co worker gets promoted then starts coming out with the pretentious phrases, For example my boss always has the habit of saying a strategy is " Dynamite "

What experiences have the rest of you minimum wage workers heard and laugh at?

Soldato
Yeah I can relate to that, I was only ever a part timer but this chap a similar age decided to go full time and climb the supermarket corporate ladder. He became insufferable overnight.

Man of Honour
Definitely not something exclusive to retail/minimum wage.

Have an immense dislike for the people who get a whiff of power and become as Uhtred put it insufferable overnight.

Caporegime
I've been a lowly supermarket grunt all my life, I still find it amusing when your co worker gets promoted then starts coming out with the pretentious phrases, For example my boss always has the habit of saying a strategy is " Dynamite "

shout napoleon every time they say it
or that thats like a dollar an hour everytime they ask you to do something :p

Soldato

did you move to norway to work in a supermarket?

Soldato
We had a new service manager at a dealership I worked at, and every morning he'd be in ones face with comments like "living the dream" and "are you pumped up for the day ahead" and worse.
It was like he was managing from a text book instead of being a people person.
It got so intensely irritating that most of the techs just told him to F off every day.
Strangely enough, he didn't last long.

No one here's gonna admit to being on minimum wage :p Wrong forum....

I'll bite :D

In 2010, aged 32, I was on an apprenticeship scheme with my local NHS Trust. That was on minimum wage, something like £5.90/hour. It just broke the £6 mark by the time my apprenticeship was completed.

Then you'll love this... In 1997, aged 19, I worked at my local Spar for £2/hour. Yes you read that right! A year later, the Minimum Wage scheme kicked in and they then had to pay me £3/hour. That was only because it was by law :p

I'm now happily on £11/hour (top of pay band 3 in the NHS), which I'm sure is still only approx. 1% of the average wage earner on this forum :p

Back
Top Bottom