• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Supplying a different style card to the one advertised?

Associate
I'm a Shuttle owner and I wanted to upgrade my graphics card from a 4670 to a 4870 1GB. I knew the 4870 drew more power and got hotter than the 4670 so wanted a card that used a dual slot cooler that would exhaust the hot air out the back of the case.

I shopped around and found a HIS card (image showing the type of cooler I was looking for) on another site, paid my dough and received the card with different style cooler? Now when I want to return the card, I have to pay for the shipping?

I've noticed on some reviews on Overclockers that people have received different cards (or at least different coolers on the cards) than the ones shown. Whats the deal with that?

It may not be a massive issue for most but I specifically wanted a certain type of cooler and thought that's what I'd get.

Am I in the minority thinking this is bad form?

Man of Honour
Product images are for illustrative purposes only.

This is why most companies have this in there terms and conditions :S

I don't think its good form but tbh if I need something specific I will usually call first to confirm as working in retail myself I know only too well how the product from the supplier can change slightly from batch to batch.

Soldato
I had this problem some years ago went i bought my BFG 7800gtx cards for SLI in my SN26P shuttle...BFG changed the stock 7800gtx cooler to one that was wider and they wouldn't fit in my shuttle.:mad:

Associate
OP
This is why most companies have this in there terms and conditions :S

I don't think its good form but tbh if I need something specific I will usually call first to confirm as working in retail myself I know only too well how the product from the supplier can change slightly from batch to batch.

I sort of agree but it's not clear here for example:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-120-XF

Now read the reviews for that same product:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-120-XF&tool=3

Have I missed the disclaimer?

By the way, my grip is not with Overclockers as I've had good service from them in the past. I'm just using the above as an example.

Back
Top Bottom