Support for new(ish) ocUK system?

Associate
Hi all,

For those who need a bit of context, I asked for suggestions on what one of my kids should obtain for a quiet system. And was suggested the Silent Audio station.

Cue now, and they've found that the graphics card they added to the system in the basket (so was added by ocUK) is having issues. (RX 460 Powercolor)

I've helped them bug hunt a bit and can give the following info to help regarding the issue and would like to know any possible solutions and what our options are regarding it from ocUK.

Info:

Old and New Monitor goes "black screen" and freezes system. Monitor is connected via HDMI. Can "black screen" on reaching Windows. Sometimes a bit later. Safe Mode screen doesn't go to "black screen". Suggesting that it's the AMD drivers. Tried various drivers and they all result in the "black screen" at various intervals. Again, sometimes on reaching Windows from boot up, sometimes a lot later. Have used DDU to remove old drivers and install new ones. Same result (random, but eventual black screen and freezing of system).

- Using VGA on the motherboard at the same time to another monitor the RX 460 doesn't blank out anymore. Suggesting it's a driver, card, or PCIe lane issue somewhere. So a small possiblity of the motherboard being the issue.

Doing a bit of searching around, it appears there's no solid reason why the RX 460 should be doing this. But one worrying possible issue is that the card is buggered in some fashion. What I'd like to know is if it is the card that's at fault, how do we go about getting this replaced? Do we need to return the whole sytem to ocUK? Or can we remove the card and return that in a box?

I'll probably be heading on over to do a full diagnostic myself on the setup this Friday. Will be taking a spare GPU along with me (7750), and would like to know if I replaced the card to test, would that invalidate any warranty they have with ocUK for the system or the GPU?

And finally, we may try a full system restore to see if that helps. Can I ask if the restore image is on the disc or on the HD?

Thanks everyone for the help.

And sorry too if this is in the wrong section. As technically it could fall under several, but as it's not really my own system, it felt wrong to specifically put in at the support section.

Associate
OP
Thanks @P1Fanatic

But not got the details of the order from my kid, so didn't want to post in there as it wasn't even ordered by me. So didn't want to cause confusion. But I suppose I can drop something in there and see if I can get some queries answered on warranty if I swap out cards to test.

Back
Top Bottom