*** Surface Duo 2 ***

Soldato
OP
The Surface Duo 2 is available for pre-order starting at $1,499.99 in the U.S., Australia, Canada, Germany, France, and UK. It will be available in two colorways — Glacier and Obsidian. The device will start at $1,499.99 for the base 8GB+128GB configuration, going up to $1,599.99 for the 8GB+256GB model, and $1,799.99 for the 8GB+512GB model. It will be available starting October 21.

Is it cheaper than the Fold 3?

Associate
It is a very nice phone. Bar one major problem.

Firmware updates and fixes.
The pen looks nice also btw.
The notification area on the hinge is also nice. Samsung should think about that for the fold.
They are notoriously bad for fixing problems and releasing firmware updates.
There is not much of a fluid ecosystem. Compared to apple and Samsung either.

Associate
Apparently it will be getting updates for 3 years.

Going by forum posts and some youtube posts, that will equate to 3 updates in that 3-year lifespan.

Joking aside. they are really bad at both security updates and fixes. It's the most common complaint., issues that people had on the duo did never get fixed.
I hope they do change i actually like the look of it. it's like running a dual-screen pc lol. Well, that is what the duo reminds me off.

Soldato
They overlooked the need for a decent camera setup last time, so they hired Ari Partinen. He was one of those who worked at Nokia during their glory days,808 and the 1020 etc. So fingers crossed the device will be more of a complete package this time round.

Associate
To me it seems like a bad product that's well made with a good amount of features. I just don't see the form factor taking off.

It is just like using a dual-screen pc setup, and before Samsung sorted out the multitasking it was far better at multitasking than the fold was.
I was looking into getting one. but they are really bad for improving and updating. just look at the first one. it is way behind software-wise and still has some original bugs.

Soldato
It is just like using a dual-screen pc setup, and before Samsung sorted out the multitasking it was far better at multitasking than the fold was.
I was looking into getting one. but they are really bad for improving and updating. just look at the first one. it is way behind software-wise and still has some original bugs.

This is obviously more personal preference but I've never felt the need to multitask on my phone. Especially not with 2 screens. Sure some people may take advantage of that.

I prefer the single screen fold idea where you can still make use of the full screen with a single app without the gap.

Associate
This is obviously more personal preference but I've never felt the need to multitask on my phone. Especially not with 2 screens. Sure some people may take advantage of that.

I prefer the single screen fold idea where you can still make use of the full screen with a single app without the gap.[/QUOT
Yes, i definitely get that, But then you start to get into the realms of small gap vs a very visible crease in the screen, In the end, they both do the same things but use different techniques. it's good to see tbh it pushes development.

Soldato
It's tempting but the first Duo is still a buggy mess software wise.

I feel like they need to make it thicker to match the camera wedge so it folds nicely like the first Duo did, and a front screen, that would make it more tempting for the average person. Personally I feel the 13:9 display makes the phone too wide when folded, maybe changing it to 16:10 will be a better move to allow the phone to be more narrow, but I can see why people would prefer the more boxy screen.

Back
Top Bottom