Surface Pro 4 Monitor Issue

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea why my SP4 keeps losing the monitor? we've been issued these things at work, despite them being totally inappropriate, and my set-up is i'm hooked into the SP docking station thing, i have the laptop closed and the cable goes from the dock to my monitor. my issue is that every week, almost to a day, the monitor will suddenly go black - the laptop isn't sleeping, it's just losing the monitor somehow. if i open the laptop it's still awake etc, and if i close it the monitor comes back. A couple times i've checked in the Display option and it showed only the laptop screen as screen #1 :-/
much frustration and some reboots later it's all good again for about another week. thre's nothing relevant in the Events it seems, i've had a new cable from the tech guys, was good for a week and then it happened again, i changed the cable into the other vid port on the dock, and it was good until this AM when it's just happening again.
simple matter of a dodgy dock, or is there anything else i can check?

TIA

Soldato
When my motherboard for my desktop crapped out, I had to use my SP4 with it's dock and two external monitors for about a month. I had no issues of random blackouts, but I think I do remember reading the dock having issues for some people, especially with multi monitors, so I guess I was lucky. Does the external screen work fine if you use the mDP port on the SP4 directly instead of the dock?

Soldato
OP
ta for the replies. happened again today, took it to the tech guys and we're trying the option that it's the monitor itself, potentially a dicky power lead causing a power-off/disconnection.
Orcvader - nope, i tried the monitor cabvle in port one of the dock - week later i got the problem. tried port 2, week later got the prob, plugged into laptop itself, and this morning got the issue, which is why we're leaning towards the monitor being the prob.
Spooter, nope - our security policy locks us out of virtually everything, even the tech guys don't have full access :-/

Back
Top Bottom