Surround sound amp (need suggestions please)

Soldato
I want to purchase an amp for a 5.1 setup for my brothers birthday.
I have about 50pound to spend, is this a realistic sum of money to buy a fairly decent amp?
Preferable in nice silver, and the best that i can achieve?

The amp he current has must be broken as the sub makes a high pitch tone then turns off, then turns back on randomly.

Any ideas, or suggestions on makes so i can do my own google search?
Thanks

Soldato
ChroniC said:
The amp he current has must be broken as the sub makes a high pitch tone then turns off, then turns back on randomly.

I think you need to look more closely at what the problem really is before blaming the amp.

The sub will usually have a seperate amp so it maybe that that is the problem not the channel amp

MB

Soldato
OP
Well have u ever heard of a problem when the sub, makes a sound as if it is going from 20hz to 20khz then just cuts out.
It makes the noise which changes in pitch then just stops
Im not sure it can be fixed.

I might have some more people in on the plans so for about 100pound can i get a 5.1 system that is nice'ish?
Any recommendations on a full system for a ton?

edit//
Seems that you can get a decent system for 100quid that will have 2 imputs one for the dvd player and one for the sky. This plan is not going according to anything. :(
Can someone give a price range for a 5.1 system that will take inputs from the sky box, and a dvd player, im a bit lost on what is worth egtting here.

Last edited:
Soldato
ChroniC said:
Well have u ever heard of a problem when the sub, makes a sound as if it is going from 20hz to 20khz then just cuts out.
It makes the noise which changes in pitch then just stops
Im not sure it can be fixed.

I might have some more people in on the plans so for about 100pound can i get a 5.1 system that is nice'ish?
Any recommendations on a full system for a ton?

In all honestly no I'd say you couldn't come close to a decent system for £100

I sounds like the internal amp in the sub is broken to me and your better replaceing the sub than the amp BUT and this is a big but we need more details on the system you have so we know if it has an internal amp, can you post a pic of the back of the sub?

MB

Back
Top Bottom