Suzuki Bandit 600

Soldato
Hi all

Im saving up to get a reliable bike to get me to and from work, Ive been looking at Suzuki Bandit's around 1997-2000 models, They seem to go for around £1000,

Does anyone on here have experience with these bikes?

Is there anything else you'd consider around that price range?

Not looking to do finance on a expensive bike as my current situation with 2 little kids is tight enough... Don't want to spend over £1000 and I want something with a bit of poke to it as ive had 600cc+ bikes for years now and love them

Cheers

Associate
The early Bandits are excellent value for money, and renowned for reliability as they are based on proven parts in a relatively mild state of tune. They still look good, and although sometimes the victim of too much tinkering by owners, they are easily reverted to stock if that's your preference.

I very nearly bought one in 2011, but ended up with a Kawasaki Z750S (half-faired Z750) which is a less common bike, but very much apes the Bandit in terms of philosophy - old, slightly de-tuned engine in no-frills chassis. I only went for this is it had the heated grips, fuel gauge and extended screen I wanted at the time, plus I've always liked Kawasakis.

If I'm honest I've always regretted not buying the Bandit as the variety of parts for them seems to be better than for my bike, and I think the Suzuki is better-looking. Let us know what you decide on!

Soldato
Always something to consider when getting a bike around the 1K mark.... they nearly always need fixing to some degree. Bought by CBR for £1200 from a dealer and I've had to replace the stator, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, wiring loom - replacement was standard which pointed out a previous owner for some reason put a different connector for the indicator relay so had to order a new relay to fix standard plug.

It's just the chance you take. That said a friend of mine bought a bandit 600 for £1000 and he has not had to touch a single thing on it

Back
Top Bottom