Swim Tag, who uses one?

Soldato
yes - do you use a watch ... some of those will do strokes per length/swolf ... not my suunto (amazon warehouse) which I just use to count lengths.

I'd like to try one of the devices that gives telematics about roll and posture too, which you strap in the small of your back, but,
getting a video of how you swim would, I think be great ...

Underboss
OP
yes - do you use a watch ... some of those will do strokes per length/swolf ... not my suunto (amazon warehouse) which I just use to count lengths.

I'd like to try one of the devices that gives telematics about roll and posture too, which you strap in the small of your back, but,
getting a video of how you swim would, I think be great ...

wait, what ? theres a thing that exists ?
that sounds amazing if it works
no idea if im swimming correctly, so be good to know

Soldato
wait, what ? theres a thing that exists ?
that sounds amazing if it works
no idea if im swimming correctly, so be good to know
https://wsd.casio.com/intl/en/app/featured/swimming/

That has at least some of the things mentioned. You can probably find apps for either this or some other smarty watch (check waterproof rating) that does all the above, if the watch itself doesn't already come with it.
I'd have one myself, but the battery life on smartwatches still sucks.

Soldato
Been using swimtag for a while now, it's great at what it does and the website side of tings seems to get updated fairly often, just a pity that the hardware hasn't been updated for a few years now as it would be nice to have a few more features.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Fenix 5, Polar Vantage, even the Apple watch is very very good for swimming.

Personlly i am deep into the garmin ecosystem and the fenix is great for swimming indoors and open water, Works well when you pair it with a HR monitor but that is wetsuit only days otherwise its a pain and keeps sliding down. No matter what Garmin say or my chest is just a funny shape :) but as above, lengths, stroke count, Swolf, splits, pace, calories etc.

Soldato
Swimtag does all that excepting swolf which you could calculate if you wanted I guess, have actually just emailed them to ask why it's not on their site as a metric, advantage of swimtag is that it's free and you have never got to worry about charging etc etc as it's all done at the centre, also out of the three (speedo on & the default samsung app on my gearfit 2 pro) systems I've used it is the only one that allows you to edit data for corrections when and if needed, it's also the most accurate out of the three as well.

Soldato
Soldato
Can't odds their CS either, had a response already:

Hi Dan,

Its not something that has ever been requested actually, we had previously preferred to use DPS (Distance Per Stroke) which is the same metric but is independent of pool size, but I appreciate that a lot of swimmers will be familiar with SWOLF so we will add to it our development list and a new stat

An interesting article on SWOLF from swim smooth - http://www.feelforthewater.com/2017/09/is-swolf-or-swim-golf-really-true.html

Regards

Back
Top Bottom