• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Switch from nvidia card to intel graphics for power saving?

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to easily switch between my graphics card (currently a nvidia 970 - consumes roughly 76w idling) and the integrated gpu with my processor (currently an intel 6700k)? I appreciate this will require me to move the displayport cable over myself.

I'm thinking the vast majority of the time I'm not doing anything processor intensive and I'd like to reduce my power consumption and switch to the intel hd graphics when im just browsing, running plex, etc

Can someone point me to anything that might help with this? Or would I have to unplug/unseat my nvidia card in order to switch it off? Hoping there might be some way to stick it in to some suspend mode/power saving mode

Thanks!

Associate
OP
76w gpu idling power req is roughly 22p a day (24hours on) that £6 a month for something I am not really using. I'll keep in mind the under/clock volt.. guess i could just set two different profiles (low use/gaming) within afterburner.. hadnt though of that.. thanks!

Soldato
76w gpu idling power req is roughly 22p a day (24hours on) that £6 a month for something I am not really using. I'll keep in mind the under/clock volt.. guess i could just set two different profiles (low use/gaming) within afterburner.. hadnt though of that.. thanks!
Remember when one my old water cooled SLI PC systems used over 300watts at idle (over 800w under load) and was on 24/7...:o

Ste

Ste

Soldato
They are very reasonable at idle. Make sure it's set at the power efficient settings and it'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom