• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Switching From ROG Strix 2080 Super To 3090 Founders Edition

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Nice one. That was a steal if you got one early doors.

When things got really bad I'm sure I saw 3090's being sold by retailers for £2700 at one point. Even the 3080 was £1200 by retailers so the 3090 for £1400 was a steal compared to that.

Yeah exactly that. I was never intending to sell it though once I had it, good build, ideal for gaming and work. The anti-miners were all over it for a time until the dust settled and they realised it can pay for itself (you had to have it early not post crash May). It ROI a long time back, the 3080FE was far harder to get but after these conditions played out the 3090FE was the better buy. The 3080 was far harder to get over the initial six months release.

I totally agree though there is a 'mugs edition' to it, but I would say that was people paying for inflated AIB variants or cards above £2k.

Back
Top Bottom