Synology (can i link another nas drive to this?)

Soldato
Is it possible to mount another NAS drive/s through Synology?

I've mounted 2tb and 3tb external drives to my synology and have 2 NAS drives with the same capacities which i wanted to migrate over to the Synology but instead thought, can i not just add them to the Synnology?

Hope that makes sense

Soogs

Soldato
Yep, you just add it as CIFs share to your Synology from Filestation

y4msd0QzwQDTPUxfari5kW6xr7DOJMkFySCQXDGdxn2LOsCcknrncYWbaslLwynRnk-O5NoPZiEpB7HHP3pZV809RZkRqqf_KD41QyLChtjBtIOF4PI4-LglblmXq0NGDEiaUZtKcU35V6Dmh-coXepTGLxtcWHdxB1Wgs62kJFmspHlkOmm6S5hhGhKvgo86xi

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yep, you just add it as CIFs share to your Synology from Filestation

y4msd0QzwQDTPUxfari5kW6xr7DOJMkFySCQXDGdxn2LOsCcknrncYWbaslLwynRnk-O5NoPZiEpB7HHP3pZV809RZkRqqf_KD41QyLChtjBtIOF4PI4-LglblmXq0NGDEiaUZtKcU35V6Dmh-coXepTGLxtcWHdxB1Wgs62kJFmspHlkOmm6S5hhGhKvgo86xi
Thanks, buddy

"failed to find the remote folder. please check the name of the remote server and the remote folder and try again"

is the error message I'm getting when I try this.

NFS option not working for me either.

the NAS drives I'm trying to connect are pretty old.

I can connect the old NAS drives via FTP but they go to sleep when idle so my plex server cannot see them unless I log in and reactivate the connection again

Soldato
OP
So a quick update.
DSM 5.2 will allow me to mount only one of the shares (\public) on the Seagate NAS and nothing else on either NAS.
DSM 6.2 will not allow me to mount any of the NAS drives (even\public on Seagate drive)

I'm so confused...

Top Bottom