T Mobile what on earth

Soldato
Gf ordered a phone thru their site on the relax 35 plan, we were both under the impression it was a 12 month plan but on the order email it says 18months!!!!. But for the life of me i cant get through to them. The option on the phone system are dire and they dont answer emails. I wondered why they where cheap compared to Orange and now I think i have found out why. With orange nearly always straight through with an intuative system, this is shocking. Can you send the phones back? Do they have a cooling of period?

Soldato
schnipps said:
Gf ordered a phone thru their site on the relax 35 plan, we were both under the impression it was a 12 month plan but on the order email it says 18months!!!!. But for the life of me i cant get through to them. The option on the phone system are dire and they dont answer emails. I wondered why they where cheap compared to Orange and now I think i have found out why. With orange nearly always straight through with an intuative system, this is shocking. Can you send the phones back? Do they have a cooling of period?

with most contracts you have a cooling off period, not sure of the length though.

Associate
Something seems to be wrong - to my best knowledge, all Relax plans are 12 months, and all Flext plans are 18 months. I don't think you can get 18-month Relax or 12-month Flext plans.

Soldato
OP
jhmaeng said:
Something seems to be wrong - to my best knowledge, all Relax plans are 12 months, and all Flext plans are 18 months. I don't think you can get 18-month Relax or 12-month Flext plans.

I have just spoken to CS on her behalf and yes the contract is an 18month Relax plan, how on earth thats happened is beyond me as the website clearly states 12 months. There is NO relax plan on 18months. Im furious.

Accorddign to cs there are 12 and 18 month relax plans. Eh!!! so point me to the part of the site where when you order a phone it stipulates 12 or 18 months?

Associate
I'm sure they will let you change the tariff/contract as long as you pay any difference in the price of the handset due. Have you asked whether you could just change it to Relax 12 months?

PS. As it was a mail order, I believe you have 7 days under the DSA to change your mind (it's up to T-Mobile whether they insist you send back everything and start from scratch, or just change the details on their system) so I'd just press harder to change the tariff if they try to be difficult.

Soldato
OP
jhmaeng said:
I'm sure they will let you change the tariff/contract as long as you pay any difference in the price of the handset due. Have you asked whether you could just change it to Relax 12 months?

PS. As it was a mail order, I believe you have 7 days under the DSA to change your mind (it's up to T-Mobile whether they insist you send back everything and start from scratch, or just change the details on their system) so I'd just press harder to change the tariff if they try to be difficult.

Said i have 7 days but they cant change it over to 12 months, they have to have the stuff sent back which seems a total pain. Why they cant just switch it over is beyond me

Soldato
You could maybe refuse delivery of the phone when it arrives?

And I always though you had 14 days worth of "cooling off" period as its a credit agreement, not strictly sale of goods?

Associate
Scottland said:
And I always though you had 14 days worth of "cooling off" period?
That's what the networks (or retailers) offer voluntarily and they can attach their own T&Cs to that policy. The statutory requirement (and generally "small print"-free) for "cooling off" from mail order is 7 days.

Soldato
OP
Scottland said:
You could maybe refuse delivery of the phone when it arrives?

And I always though you had 14 days worth of "cooling off" period?

Its already arrived. I couldnt find out if it was 12 or 18 months until it did arrive and even then there is no mention of it in the pack. The only mention of it is on the dispatch email from tmobile. No mention on the order email or ANY of the order screens on the website. I specifically didnt go for flex because of the 18 month contract. Why on earth would i pick an 18 month Relax plan?? Its just insane. What a total scam that is, i bet there are loads of people who now have 18 month plans who arent aware

Caporegime
Hmmm strange i thought the relax tariffs were 12 mths and the flext were 18mth tariffs?.

I would ring them up and get it changed if i was you. I just got my tmobile stuff as well, but im on the flext 50 with web n walk tariff which is a 18mth contract and i also got the SE W810i phone. Just trying to get to grips with the phone lol:p.

Man of Honour
Alty said:
seconded - it clearly says on the t-mob webby that relax are 12 months n flext are 18 months

Ive just checked our internal site, their is NO mention of Relax and 18 month plans, all Relax and Relax W&W plans show as 12 month. Flext shows as 18

Back
Top Bottom