Tablet for a former technophobe?

Associate
can anyone recommend to me a tablet that would be ideal for someone who has absolutely no idea what they are doing on a computer or smart phone?

I'm looking for something that is easy to use as they will most likely look towards me if they cant get what they want to happen. the tablet will most likely be used for web browsing and reading so a good screen and battery life is desired.

they have been interested at the iPad 2 because it was advertised on TV, the budget is the RRP of an ipad2.

I am used to using windows (PC) and ive recently jsut started using Android, i have little experiance with apple.

Soldato
Yep, the iPad 2 is the clear choice here.

Reasonably priced and well supported, especially if they live close to a Apple store (for Workshops/one to ones/technical problems etc)

The only other real option would be the Amazon fire but won't be sold in the UK for quite some time.

Man of Honour
Yep, the iPad 2 is the clear choice here.

Reasonably priced and well supported, especially if they live close to a Apple store (for Workshops/one to ones/technical problems etc)

The only other real option would be the Amazon fire but won't be sold in the UK for quite some time.

This.

Associate
If youve just started using android then have a look at the galaxy tab 10.1, if i was chosing it would be between the galaxy tab or the ipad, i chose the tab 10.1 as ive got an android phone and a friends ipad wouldnt let my phone connect via bluetooth. ..... Grrrrrr

Man of Honour
If youve just started using android then have a look at the galaxy tab 10.1, if i was chosing it would be between the galaxy tab or the ipad, i chose the tab 10.1 as ive got an android phone and a friends ipad wouldnt let my phone connect via bluetooth. ..... Grrrrrr

It's not for him.

Soldato
recently got my mrs's folks the asus eee pad with the keyboard doc, they also tried my ipad and couldnt get along with it.

the ipad is not a 'no brainer' by any mark and its worth playing with other options to see whats right for you.

Back
Top Bottom