1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tabletop Warhammer?

Discussion in 'Tabletop Games, Wargaming and Scale Modelling.' started by Arcimbaldo, 4 Apr 2011.

1. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

Thanks - it slows the whole process down dismally, but I love the end result!

2. DEL 707

Mobster

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I started using a wet pallet for this guy, bog standward Army Painter.

[​IMG]

You can see I had a problem making the paint a bit too thin sometimes.

I bought some thinner ages ago, when I 1st tried to get back into painting.
    I've been using "Tamiya Color Acrylic Paint Thinner X-20A" rather then water on this model, are all thinners created equel?

With the final highlights, I tried using "Winston & Newton Acrylic Flow Improver" but I can't say I noticed any difference in how the paint handled.

3. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

For reference, I use £10 for 10 synthetic brushes, a home made wet palette, exclusively GW paints and water as a thinner. I’ve used Artis Opus brushes in the past, but will always say any brush that holds a point is fine for a non-competitive painter.

4. Bigpig

Soldato

My eyesight is starting to peave me off.

I wear glasses to see far away but the amount of detail I can see close up when I take off my glasses is staggering.

5. Bigpig

Soldato

Well decided to try this and it's amazing. Brilliant light and now I don't have to faff around taking my glasses off. Got a lot of holidays booked, 3 day weeks until I get off for Christmas on the 17th December :) plenty of Hobby time /cough I mean family time [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DEL 707

Mobster

Looks nice!

I honestly don't know how anyone paints without a magnifier, my eyes won't allow it.

7. Bigpig

Soldato

I was starting to get fatigued very quickly taking my glasses off all the time to paint the finer details. I spent quite a bit of time and money runing around getting new glasses and trying contacts. Should of just purchased this in the first placed.

8. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

Wouldn’t mind getting something like this in the future when I have a dedicated hobby space - not that my eye sight is going yet, but I can see the benefits regardless!

what’s everyone working on at the moment? Still plugging away at my Storm Speeder currently :(

9. DEL 707

Mobster

Working on my 2nd primaris.

On an non-warhammer note, hoping to finish putting together my Sherman on the weekend.

[​IMG]

10. Destination

Capodecina

How much did that beasty cost?, is a plug provided?

11. Bigpig

Soldato

£135. They start from £105 for the 5inc lens. This is the 7inc.

It has a proper plug which connects into an AC connection on the lamp.

It's completely put the enjoyment back into the hobby for me. I just never knew how much my glasses were affecting my close up vison.

It puts out quite a large area of light also which is dimmable. So killed two birds with one stone

12. Destination

Capodecina

Nice

13. Werewolf

Commissario

A good (preferably daylight) lamp is a must for any painting area, we've got a few of those but with fluorescent tubes dotted around the house/garage, as well as a trio of "daylight company" LED task lamps.
    I didn't get on with the magnifier though, but that's mainly because I need to wear glasses for general use anyway so it doesn't seem to make much difference at the detail level I go for.

I've just been tidying up our hobby area ready to put up shelving and a desk for wash and cure station*, and in the process I've found some of the many unopened boxes of 40k sets (Forgebane, and something with Eldar and someone else), and realised I've got at least 3 unassembled 40k Knights from the Renegade boxes.

*The plan is to replace a Billy and a tiny desk (that the printer sits on) with a set of twinslot shelving that'll anchor a length of worktop (with heavy duty legs) that the 3d printer, wash station and curing station can all sit on.

14. Destination

Capodecina

hmm printing is somewhere i hope to be in around 3 yrs

15. Vtec9k

Wise Guy

Been working on a big boi chaos knight. I enjoy painting knights, they are always quicker and easier then I expect. Also got a bunch of baby knights to get done for a Wardog spam list.

[​IMG]

16. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

That’s looking fantastic, can’t wait to see it finished! I’ve only ever painted one knight, and whilst it was enjoyable, the length of time has put me off doing another! The build time alone is long.

I’ve managed to finish off my Indomitus Bladeguard, minus the shoulder markings. Just need to base them and they’re sorted.
    [​IMG]

17. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

Siegmeyer of Catalina :D

[​IMG]

18. fantasticCG

Wise Guy

Where from?

19. Bigpig

Soldato

Amazon. Finding it amazing. Can get comfy in my seat and just pull this bad boy over.

20. MoNkeE

Sgarrista

Bladeguard Ancient and Chaplain painted from the Indomitus boxset. Besides a small bit of drybrushing, these two (along with my earlier Bladeguard) were all painted with a size 2 cheapo synthetic brush for extra challenge :p

[​IMG] [​IMG]