Takeaway delivered to wrong address

Soldato
Ordered a kebab and the driver delivered to the wrong address and the person at the house accepted it. We got our replacement soon after but i’m wondering can the restaurant bill the person who got a free meal or is that person legally ok to accept something they didn’t pay for.

i think its very cheaky to accept
Something you didn’t pay for.

Soldato
Accepting could mean leaving it on the doorstep, pressing the doorbell and walking away.

I'd just be happy that you got your replacement hopefully with little hassle.

Soldato
I'd go round there house, and beat the ******* **** out of them, take a **** on their doormat.

I mean, how dare they.

Edit: Also please don't use the word Kebab anymore it's racist.

Soldato
Ordered a kebab and the driver delivered to the wrong address and the person at the house accepted it. We got our replacement soon after but i’m wondering can the restaurant bill the person who got a free meal or is that person legally ok to accept something they didn’t pay for.

i think its very cheaky to accept
Something you didn’t pay for.
Let me give my side of the story....

I ordered thai food, and thai food arrived. I didn't know what was ordered and tucked in.

Pal comes down to share food and realises it wasn't what we ordered....... turns out we had tucked into someone elses takeaway! And then, 20 mins later than that, our thai food arrives.

Didn't even know who or how to apologise/report to.

Soldato
Sounds like they messed up and delivered to the wrong address. Unless you happen to share a very similar address they had also probably ordered. From their perspective the Kebab placed ****ed up their order.

Soldato
Sounds like they messed up and delivered to the wrong address. Unless you happen to share a very similar address they had also probably ordered. From their perspective the Kebab placed ****ed up their order.
I would have called total BS on this up until about 6 months ago when it happened to me (post above)!

Soldato
OP
Accepting could mean leaving it on the doorstep, pressing the doorbell and walking away.

I'd just be happy that you got your replacement hopefully with little hassle.

oh yeah i understand these things happen; we have ordered from the same place loads and this is the first problem we have had. I’d be ****** if i was the owner and had lost money on a delivery though!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Last weekend we ordered Indian. 30 minutes later a woman knocks the door and asks for payment... except id already paid.

Took me 2 mins to realise she’d got the wrong address. Had the original recipient paid, I’d probably have accepted it no questions asked.

Soldato
My door bell rang the other evening, opened it, no one there. Bag of Chinese food by my feet, I shouted out "not for me" and someone came back from round the corner and apologised.
Could easily have thought no ones around to let know.

Soldato
When a takeaway gets delivered you tell the delivery driver that you haven’t ordered a takeaway and to double check the delivery address.

You don’t just accept it.
Didn't read the thread did you? I mean what your saying is obvious but there are several edge cases in the posts above.

I haz 4090!
Don
Last weekend we ordered Indian. 30 minutes later a woman knocks the door and asks for payment... except id already paid.

"...except I'd already paid" Dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm

Can't help but read this in a spooky narrator voice like off a true crime documentary :D

Caporegime

Depends - remember there is some, not unreasonable chance, that they're another customer also waiting for a takeaway order from the same restaurant too... so they might have accepted it thinking it was their takeaway only to find out it wasn't once they've opened it and the driver has gone.

If of course, they didn't order a takeaway and/or aren't in some student flatshare where a flatmate plausibly might have then sure, they had no business accepting it and morally they perhaps do owe the restaurant some money.

Back
Top Bottom