talk about miss selling

Soldato
I have just bought this from overclockers and it's not even the kit advertised it says on the invoice, website and on the box it's supposed to be a dual D5 vario pump and clear bay reservoir and what is in the box is a crappy X20 750 pump, I phoned up to ask if everything would be in the box before purchase and was told it may be missing the thermal paste or the radiator bracket but everything else would be as advertised, not a happy bunny at the minute.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-grade-xspc-raystorm-twin-d5-ax360-watercooling-kit-bg-05f-xs.html

Associate
I have just bought this from overclockers and it's not even the kit advertised it says on the invoice, website and on the box it's supposed to be a dual D5 vario pump and clear bay reservoir and what is in the box is a crappy X20 750 pump, I phoned up to ask if everything would be in the box before purchase and was told it may be missing the thermal paste or the radiator bracket but everything else would be as advertised, not a happy bunny at the minute.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-grade-xspc-raystorm-twin-d5-ax360-watercooling-kit-bg-05f-xs.html

I had to join the forum just to let you know that they have just sold me the exact same kit!

Ordered the B grade kit and got a box with the dual D5 boxes and ax360 rad/ Raystorm Pro all ticket on the side. When I opened it i had actually received an x20 750 pump and older style Raystorm CPU block. Its like someone has ordered the upgraded kit and then put all of their old gear back in the boxes and returned it. The radiator was the only item that was correct.

I wonder if they will wait a couple of months and sell it to somebody else. :p

I ended up buying a new dual D5 kit and to my horror the pump/reservoir inlet only has a partial thread halfway down on the intake meaning I have to sent that back too.

Ive now just purchased my third kit which is the photon kit, which I hope is more reliable as ive noticed XSPC have no longer make the dual D5 kits.

As my PC has been out of action for nearly 10 days now ive had to pay out £750 down on three XSPC kits whilst waiting for refunds which is crazy. I cant even send the others back at the minute as ive just come out of hospital after a knee operation. :(

Soldato
You guys know that it's against forum rules to mention competitors by name when discussing products they do actually compete with OCUK in right?

Hence people usually using the code names in these circumstances.

Associate
I dont know why you have entitled the comment "You guys" Only one person mentioned a competitor by name, talk to them, don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Associate
As far as I know it's called RMA fraud, and I've been bitten once (car windscreen wipers!) - it's down to the retailers not having enough experienced staff to check the incoming RMAs.
I'd have more confidence in OcUK sorting it than some other retailers-that-shall-not-be-named ;)

Back
Top Bottom