Talk Talk fibre optic

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Our ADSL is slow - it's around 3.5mb max, and even then it's not that reliable. We live in London which is daft... but there you go. They're changing our Ts & Cs - we're not happy, so we're leaving. We pay around £240 per year at the moment.

We cannot get Virgin cable in our flat - however providers like BT and Talk Talk do have fibre services available to us.

Talk Talk comes out to £282 for the first year and £312 thereafter

(9.5 line rental if you pay for it upfront - £114, and £13.25 for the first 9 months then £16.50 a month thereafter).

BT Infinity for the same 38mb packages comes out a little dearer for the first year at around £350 for the first year and around the same thereafter. However it is capped at 40Gb per month :/

So my choice is fairly clean cut - Talk Talk Fibre.

My question is - what is your experience with Talk Talk? Are they worthwhile going with? Any nightmare horror stories?

Thanks in advance.

Man of Honour
OP
Ok - any reason why not? :)

The BT 76mb package costs £360 per year so it's quite a bit more - unfortunately they don't offer a slower service with unlimited downloads :(

If you say that BT and Sky are worth the extra money then I'm happy to be advised on the issue. :)

Soldato
I've had some okay experience with Talk Talk. Albeit TT Business. And just normal ADSL. So not exactly directly relevant. :D

But I work from home, use loads of bandwidth and have no shaping issues. Even their tech support has been useful when things haven't been tickety boo, which hasn't been that often.

Their customer service is usually atrocious though. I was on to them today asking about how much the bills where in a certain period (a shortcut for my accounts - I should have known better) and was basically told I was wasting their time and creating a queue :confused: I should be able to find that stuff out on my own apparently, even though their online account system only shows bills going back 18 months and I wanted the figures from April 2011 onwards.

Other than that, it's a steady, reliable, if not exceptional service.

Associate
im currently on TT adsl and I find their forums much more helpful compared to their customer service via phone. sometimes calling them for tech support is hit and miss. you could get a techy person and a useless person the next day.

only negative about forums is the delay on response and the interconnetion requirement

other than that the our connection is grand

Soldato
I have had bad experiences with TalkTalk since my Uncle used them so would advise against it(after he passed away they kept threatening my Auntie into paying certain fees even though she cancelled and sent them an email with it) and i been on BT Infinity 80/20 for nearly 3 months now been rock solid with great speeds.

Back
Top Bottom