TalkTalk backhaul vs BT backhaul

sg0

sg0

Associate
I'm with Andrews and Arnold isp and on a TalkTalk wholesale line. Since I started my contract in late May 2018 I've had way more disconnections then when I was on my bt line. Looking through my control page I have over 60 disconnects, usually after midnight and they are mostly micro adjustments to the tx rate?

it didn't really bother me before because they would usually be for a minute or so but on the odd occasion and more recently the drops are sometimes longer (2hrs last week)and are now becoming annoying. Tests show that there is no fault.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there that's with Andrews and Arnold or any ISP that's uses TalkTalk backhaul or bt's backhaul had or have a similar experience to me.

it seems to be possible to switch backhaul to bt if I ask nicely.

regards

Soldato
I’m confused, A&A charge a premium for top end service/CS/TS, heck they are still clinging to the quota model. You have a problem and rather than contacting the people who you (over) pay to do what you pay them to do, you post on here? TT Business is actually the polar opposite of TT Residential, but either way it’s likely the DLM that may be causing the drops, it’s also possible that work could be being done out of hours as 2hrs isn’t DLM, in terms of switching backhaul, you’d need to speak to A&A about what arrangements they have in place.

Caporegime
TalkTalk run an excellent network, you have a fault.

Are your disconnections loss of sync, or loss of PPPoE session? If it's a sync loss then it has nothing to do with TalkTalk anyway.

In any case, you are over thinking this one. Report your fault to the ISP and let them handle it.

sg0

sg0

Associate
OP
@Avalon Well, thanks for the second part of your post.

Why have you assumed that I am not communicating with A&A at this time about this issue? What makes you think that I haven't read Twitter post from other A&A customers who would like to switch to bt's backhaul because of their issues.

I thought I was clear in my post. I am asking for information from anyone who has experience with TalkTalk or BT backhauls in terms of the above. Preferably other A&A customers but others from say Zen are all welcome. I truly have no idea whats confused you. My apologies if my post was not clear in asking for others with a similar product to share their experience.

Caporegime
If I had an ISP that was charging me a premium based on a reputation for technical competence and quality of support, but ran their network hot and needed me to tweet them to change backhaul provider - something they should be taking care of entirely on my behalf - I would cancel my contract.

For what it's worth - I have a BT broadband connection, it works without issue and never has any slowdown regardless of the time of day. I have a couple of business connections on TalkTalk, and they have no problems either.

Last edited:

sg0

sg0

Associate
OP
TalkTalk run an excellent network, you have a fault.

Are your disconnections loss of sync, or loss of PPPoE session? If it's a sync loss then it has nothing to do with TalkTalk anyway.

In any case, you are over thinking this one. Report your fault to the ISP and let them handle it.

thanks for your input. Here is a snippet from my control page.

UjxGrBG.jpg

Caporegime
Lost carrier means VDSL sync is being lost, changing backhaul provider isn't going to help. You could possibly have a faulty modem but it's likely you need an Openreach visit.

Soldato
@Avalon Well, thanks for the second part of your post.

Why have you assumed that I am not communicating with A&A at this time about this issue? What makes you think that I haven't read Twitter post from other A&A customers who would like to switch to bt's backhaul because of their issues.

I thought I was clear in my post. I am asking for information from anyone who has experience with TalkTalk or BT backhauls in terms of the above. Preferably other A&A customers but others from say Zen are all welcome. I truly have no idea whats confused you. My apologies if my post was not clear in asking for others with a similar product to share their experience.

Why have I assumed you aren’t? Probably because you forgot to mention it in your op, and if AA were even remotely competent at managing the service and you had asked them, I would kind of hope they would have told you already, I mean that’s what you pay them for right?

As far as Twitter goes, it’s an inappropriate medium for technical support, also regurgitating what someone else said on Twitter even if it’s unlikely to be relevant from what you have already told us doesn’t help. Twitter is great for quick announcements of downtime or referring you to the correct support channel, but that’s about it, you have no idea of the competence of whoever tweeted AA or if the situation they have is even remotely similar to yours.

sg0

sg0

Associate
OP
Why have I assumed you aren’t? Probably because you forgot to mention it in your op, and if AA were even remotely competent at managing the service and you had asked them, I would kind of hope they would have told you already, I mean that’s what you pay them for right?

As far as Twitter goes, it’s an inappropriate medium for technical support, also regurgitating what someone else said on Twitter even if it’s unlikely to be relevant from what you have already told us doesn’t help. Twitter is great for quick announcements of downtime or referring you to the correct support channel, but that’s about it, you have no idea of the competence of whoever tweeted AA or if the situation they have is even remotely similar to yours.

Ok, now I'm confused. I'm not looking for technical help but I will not be impolite in not responding to anyone who wants to give it and I thought that this sentence in my post made it obvious in what I was asking for. In my original post I gave some background information just to give context.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there that's with Andrews and Arnold or any ISP that's uses TalkTalk backhaul or bt's backhaul had or have a similar experience to me.

I missed the question mark at the end so that part is my fault.

Why are you focused on what I'm not saying?

I didn't mention what correspondence is occurring because it's irrelevant. At this very moment I have no Issue with A&A technical expertise or customer service, they are looking into the issue as we speak. I mentioned twitter only illustrate I'm using different sources of information from other A&A customers. This thread here is an attempt to find more info but for some reason you have beef with me asking for others experiences with a specific product.

You have a problem and rather than contacting the people who you (over) pay to do what you pay them to do, you post on here?

Irrelevant and unnecessary. I hope we can move on.

Andrews and Arnold so far have been great, can't fault them (haha) and the control settings I have got over my TalkTalk line are nice.

Soldato
Beef? I'm glad you mentioned it - I prefer roast, slightly pink in the middle, with veg, gravy (made using the juices of course, non of that Bisto nonsense), all the trimmings including crackling ideally and a generous helping of mint sauce, not jelly. Why did I just regale you with my beef preferences? Well it's about as relevant to your issue as backhaul is based on the additional information you provided.

You have a managed service, you clearly don't know what your issue is and can't read your own logs, if your sole reason for thinking backhaul is twitter and when you were on BT you had no issues, then you should probably probably leave it to AA as that's what you pay them for. If you want to change backhaul, by all means ask, but not in the middle of having a fault diagnosed, that doesn't help anyone.

Back
Top Bottom