Talktalk broadband

Soldato
My contract is due for renewal with virgin.

Price they've given my is more than I'm willing to pay.

Talktalk and Plusnet are coming up at pretty similar prices with their respected you view boxes, Plusnet are a little dearer

Broadband will be 80/20

Anyone use the talktalk service or know what it's like? a lot of people seem to like Plusnet but not heard much about talktalk.

Soldato
I'd give them cancellation notice before you sign up for anything with another provider. Their retentions may make you a much better offer you do like the look of. That's what happened with my mother last year anyway (although she still decided to leave them).

TalkTalk has a reputation for poor customer service. They may have improved, but past experiences from people I know have put me off them for life. My experiences with Plusnet have been generally positive.

Soldato
OP
Will it be 80/20? Is that what the estimates are coming in at?
There abouts yeah. 78 or something. Have previously been with BT 80/20 and was getting exaclty that. Assumed all providers would be the same as it's running on the same line?

Soldato
OP
I'd give them cancellation notice before you sign up for anything with another provider. Their retentions may make you a much better offer you do like the look of. That's what happened with my mother last year anyway (although she still decided to leave them).

TalkTalk has a reputation for poor customer service. They may have improved, but past experiences from people I know have put me off them for life. My experiences with Plusnet have been generally positive.
AHH ok. That's good to know. Looks like Plusnet might be the winner then.

Have been through to retentions already. £57 a month was the best they could do on 350BB and lowest TV package.

Lowering the BB to 200 and same TV package was more expensive.

Soldato
You can call their bluff and cancel without signing up to a new provider. It's easier with Virgin because the new provider will be using a physically different infrastructure.

Even if you do sign up with someone else you can cancel it before it completes if a better offer is forthcoming.

Soldato
From my personal experience, each year I tell tjem I'll wait for a call back with a better deal and each year they say they are the final person I speak to and no one will call, and yet they do.

Soldato
OP
well ive signed upto plusnet. as soon as i get my install date confirmed ill cancel virgin and await a call. they'd need to know off a lot to get close though.

i dont need the tv package on offer so have the lowest one already. (going with the youview through plusnet)

so the only reason to stay with virgin was the speed which i dont particulary need. "regular" broadband speeds are good enough.

Soldato
Last time I booked (admittedly a new business line), they gave me date/slot as part of the online booking process, that said it wasn't just coming out a lockdown and a pandemic or residential, so perhaps my experience is less relevant to op's situation.

Back
Top Bottom