TalkTalk's latest issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
From the forums posts i've seen the consensus seems to be that TalkTalk (and most other VDSL providers) are largely much the same (with a few minor exceptions). Talktalk seems to be getting some love based on it's price point and people are willing to forgive it's previous data leak, so now it turns out three call center staff have been arrested on suspicion of stealing customer data...

TalkTalk Statement:

Following the October 2015 cyberattack, we have been conducting a forensic review to ensure that all aspects of our security are as robust as possible – including that of our suppliers.

As part of the review, we have been working with Wipro, (a call centre provider to TalkTalk and a number of other major businesses) and the local Police in Kolkata. Acting on information supplied by TalkTalk, the local Police have arrested three individuals who have breached our policies and the terms of our contract with Wipro. We are also reviewing our relationship with Wipro.

We are determined to identify and deal effectively with these issues and we will continue to devote significant resource to keeping our customers’ data safe. Data theft and scams are a growing issue affecting all businesses and they are notoriously difficult to investigate and prosecute. We are pleased that our investigations have yielded results, and will continue to do everything we can to tackle these crimes.

So TalkTalk customers are you still feeling the love? I know from having access to various call center's that this happens in most industries at some level, but how many times before you start reconsidering who you trust with your bank/card data etc?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Necrothread.

I told him how Biostar operate it’s business in another thread and suggested his concerns were strange/unusual. Clearly he then spent his afternoon going through my post history. It’s like having a slightly duff pet that follows you everywhere...

Soldato
Why would it be considered a strange concern about who has your private data, such as banking related information?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/can-biostar-motherboards-be-trusted.18872300/

I don't , Avalon seems to have a strange obsession with of making Snide comments , flights of fantasy and even editing his posts hours later to make it look like he said something different (with no self awareness of his own posts on the similar topics) so i just held up a mirror to his hypocrisy.

Though i hope it is just plain hypocrisy as no one would want to exacerbate potential issues.

why did you bump a thread 3 n odd years old?

Avalon has spoken about security and trust before so i put "Avalon & trust" in search and up it popped , never looked at the date as the thread served it's purpose to hold up a mirror to his conduct.

Soldato
Hinting at mental health issues while having pointless forum arguments is a very cool thing to do!

Maybe if someone had actually hinted at Mental health issues , you seem to be stirring?

If you're referring to " Potential issues " then real life issues can be anything from getting out of bed the wrong side ,stress of relationships , finances or what ever you would like to pick of the real life things we all go through that can make people act out of character and no one would want to make it worse.

Please don't stir with flights of fantasy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom