Tamron VC question

Soldato
Hello guys. Since using my Tamron 70 to 300mm VC lens, I hadn't noticed any difference in camera shake through my viewfinder when enabling the VC switch, I thought it wasn't working. For example, I took some outdoor photos of flowers over the weekend and VC didn't seem to work. None of my photos were sharp. At that point, I hadn't even experienced what image stabilisation should be like so I thought maybe it's just really subtle.

But since then I've had it working and it's a night and day difference. I'm able to get it really steady which is awesome and pretty sharp images. I have to press the shutter halfway or in my case the back button focus for it to work.

But perhaps there's a problem somewhere which would account for me not experiencing VC earlier. Sometimes it doesn't seem to work unless I switch it off and then on again. I took some photos of a moth on a wall this morning and the VC kicked in each time between taking shots, looking at the shots and then refocusing. But once or twice it didn't kick in.

Any idea?

Back
Top Bottom