Tattoos for Girls

Associate
Personally i dont think you can go wrong with tribal tattoos. They can be as fancy as u want or a simple as you want plus you can add onto them and build up on them which is what i have done. I had a small tribal design on my right arm then about 6months later went back and got it extended so it covers most of my upper right arm.

Tribal is the way forward!!

Chinese symbols are good but u need to know exactly what it say because u dont want egg fried rice written on your shoulder blade. But it could come in handy when ordering a take out :D

Associate
tribal is one of the most popular tattoo designs in the world. I like it anyway especially designing your own which im gonna do for my next one.

Also japanese art is a good one

Associate
Holly_pinklady said:
thinking of maybe some Japanese writing on my shoulder blade

For the love of god, if you wanna do that make sure you know exactly what it means first before you get it done so that later in life you dont find out what it actually means and then hate it!

As for the butterfly, my girl has one on her lower back, looks quite nice imo.

Personally im not the tattoo kind, they dont interest me, But it can look really nice when done properly :)

Man of Honour
woodsy2k said:
For the love of god, if you wanna do that make sure you know exactly what it means first before you get it done so that later in life you dont find out what it actually means and then hate it!

Wasn't there something on the news earlier this month about some poor lad who went to a shop to get his done. The trouble was it was on his arm and perfectly visible with a t-shirt on. When some Oriental lasses read it they just burst out laughing, translating it as something like "I'm fat and ugly" instead of his name? He then went back to the shop, to discover it'd been closed down roffles!

I'm trying to find a link for it, but the BBC search thing isn't being that helpful...

Soldato
I'm all booked up for mine now :D yay, i guess i'm kind of expected to have on being a massive goth 'a' all that jazz ;)
(only joking)

I've been planning mine for a very long time (years) its not something you should EVER rush into find something you like and enjoy it.

Associate
Try getting some tattoo mags to flick thru (I use to have a subscription to Skin Deep - very good uk based mag).

Don't get flash (the pretty pictures on the wall) or if you do, make sure you change it and make it personal - nothing worse than seeing 20 carbon copies of something you've got on your skin.

Pin the piccy up somewhere you'll see it a lot for a few months - see if you get bored with it or if you have any further inspiration or ideas to add/change it.

Ask to see photos of the tattooists work, prefereably healed.

And finally - don't be afraid to ask questions!!! :)

Associate
OP
Takhisis said:
Try getting some tattoo mags to flick thru (I use to have a subscription to Skin Deep - very good uk based mag).

Don't get flash (the pretty pictures on the wall) or if you do, make sure you change it and make it personal - nothing worse than seeing 20 carbon copies of something you've got on your skin.

Pin the piccy up somewhere you'll see it a lot for a few months - see if you get bored with it or if you have any further inspiration or ideas to add/change it.

Ask to see photos of the tattooists work, prefereably healed.

And finally - don't be afraid to ask questions!!! :)

Hanging a picture up sounds like a really good idea. I think i shall haveto try that when i finally decide.

Soldato
Dont get a foreign language tattoo unless you can understand it yourself...It makes you look like a bell if you cant.

Associate
firstly, just to agree with everyone else (pretty much)
if you need to ask, you're not ready to have one
it should be personal, and mean something to you now, and continue to mean something to you forever (because that's how long you're stuck with it for)

i'v had my first 'few' for almost 3 years now, and i got my last just over a year ago - and i continue to want more :)
i have never had a second when i didn't love them, but i know so many people who have regrets, about the design, about the skill with which they were drawn (oh no, the dolphin looks like a slug) and just having them in general
i also agree with not having a foreign language tattoo unless you speak the lingo - you don't want any mistakes! i'm really keen on getting latin phrases around my ankles - but i have a gcse in it, so i'm allowed ;)

choose both your design, and it's position carefully - so if you grow tired of it, or your future employer doesn't like it - you can atleast cover it up

i hope you think of something wonderful, that it turns out beautifully and that it makes you happy :)

Caporegime
my sister has a tattoo done,

she got a tattoo of a horse done her upper arm and the guy added on a horn on its head to turn it into a Unicorn and it looks really good.

My sister just loves horses, she has a horse and so she got one of a horse and it does mean a lot to her and shes never regretted it, she's never advertised it i'll see if i can get a snap of it when i get home and post it :)

Soldato
Summit like this would be good

girlbacktats.jpg

Associate
There's another holly on the forums :eek: lol sorry, welcome to ocuk i see you're new!

Back to the topic, defo something that means a lot to you, i hate pointless joke tatoos, some people can pull them off but i just think whats that gonna look like in 50 years?

I was going to get a treble clef on my ankle, but now i thnk as I play bass, and im left handed i might get a bass clef, now im just thinking where? I want it on my left side, and dont want it on my arm, or too visible, so maybe back of ankle, calf, or lower back....some ideas?

Soldato
Whats a clef?

PS, have you ever seen a 70 year old naked? the LAST thing that id be concerned about would be a tattoo...

Back
Top Bottom