Tattoos for Girls

Soldato
squiffy said:
Don't get japanese writing or tribal marks, they're both fads, and look stupid on non japanese and non tribesmen.

If you can speak japanese then i dont see a problem with it..

Soldato
squiffy said:
Don't get japanese writing or tribal marks, they're both fads, and look stupid on non japanese and non tribesmen.
Now I’m big fan of tribal tattoos/designs and I’ve never understood why people say it’s a fad. I got my first tribal tattoo 10 years ago and I’m currently having a larger one done at the moment.

Several of the tattooists I’ve been too recently have said that tribal designs are still one of the more popular requests. Surely people should be getting a tattoo based on whether they like the designs themselves rather than what others consider being a fad?

Associate
holly35 said:
oh cool :) i was unsure of it at first, but havin that makes so much more sense...now where shall i get it done i cant decide!

I quite like tattoos on the hip bone, at the top of the trouser line, not a big fan of them on the ankles, but most of the girls I know with tattoos have them there, or on the base of their spine.

Soldato
Balddog said:
Dont get a foreign language tattoo unless you can understand it yourself...It makes you look like a bell if you cant.

Especialy if it's turns out the Tatoo artist also couldn't understand and they have infact writen 'my life partner is a sack of potatoes' perminantly across your skin.

Soldato
Balddog said:
I really like this for some reason..

coolio.jpg

It's Gilly! :D

Soldato
Roughneck said:
I dont have any tatoos , think they look horrible and really horrible on girls

what a fantastic contribution :rolleyes:

i think piggymon's on her back is very nice, im going to have another one done when we go on holiday, i know i want some tribal flames, just havent seen anything that takes my fancy yet, also not sure where to have it

tattoos on girls can look very sexy ( refer back to piggymons :p )

my gf has some little paw prints on her shoulder that are really cute :D

Suspended
GSXRMovistar said:
Now I’m big fan of tribal tattoos/designs and I’ve never understood why people say it’s a fad. I got my first tribal tattoo 10 years ago and I’m currently having a larger one done at the moment.

Several of the tattooists I’ve been too recently have said that tribal designs are still one of the more popular requests. Surely people should be getting a tattoo based on whether they like the designs themselves rather than what others consider being a fad?

There definietly are tattoo fads, one example is "barb wire" on the bicep at the time of Pam Anderson film. Common as much now, dunno who started tribal tattoo fad, perhaps Chekotay from ST Voyager? :)

Soldato
squiffy said:
There definietly are tattoo fads, one example is "barb wire" on the bicep at the time of Pam Anderson film. Common as much now, dunno who started tribal tattoo fad, perhaps Chekotay from ST Voyager? :)

a fad being started by startrek? i cant really see that happening :o

Associate
I think with the likes of tribal, chinese, elvish etc. you run the risk looking "generic" although if you can design your own and take a new twist on it, you can really make something great. This is my latest tattoo, I designed it myself and my brother in law (who is a tattoo artist) re-drew it and made it more uniform before tattooing it onto me. I know everyone's opinion is different, but I think it looks unique and everyone who has seen it thinks so too (it is fresh in this picture, so looks a bit funny):

newtattoo9ip.jpg

G.

Associate
wow thats a really cool tatoo!!

I know i defo want the bass clef on my left side, so im thinking lower back or left leg, i just cant decide, i want to be able to see it, i want it visible but easy to cover up, if its on my back i cant see it as easily but could look nice. I dont want it on my front though, i think hip bone looks nice but not sure if it would suit me....hmmmmm maybe a less painful place? im abit of a wuss lol :confused:

Soldato
well here's my next ink project:

I'm thinking of getting this on my upper right forearm
(EDIT) and for the record I find girls with tattoo's very attractive :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom