Tax rebate...

Soldato
I just chased my rebate I submitted in February! The cheque was sent out yesterday for a total of £771.60, which is higher than I expected. But still, near on 8 months turn around? Anyone else had problems like this?

ags

Soldato
My auntie works for the tax office in Glasgow....apparently they have bags and bags and bags of unsorted rebates that need dealing with.

Still waiting on my refund but that's only three months old.

Soldato
Couldnt use the search feature eh? This is brought up many times.

Give them a ring! They will tell you approx how long the backlog is and when they should be dealing with your enquiry - Just as they told me.

Soldato
Balls. I was starting to get a bit mad thinking mine had taken a while....it's been 2 weeks! Might have to wait a bit longer.:mad:

I take it by rebate, you all mean you overpaid to much tax so sent your p45/P60 or whatever to claim it back? That's what I've done.

Soldato
I take it by rebate, you all mean you overpaid to much tax so sent your p45/P60 or whatever to claim it back? That's what I've done.

Well, you "think" you overpaid to much would usually be the case for many people.

Sending your P60 in is the best thing to do. If you just send in a letter asking for a rebate you may get a letter back with an additional form asking for proof of earnings for the tax year - hence dragging out the ordeal even more.

Soldato
OP
Yea, my mate done his a week after mine and his still hasn't even been received! Meaning they haven't pulled it out of the bag yet! I am a lucky one!

ags

Top Bottom