DELETED_23244

Soldato
hummmm my TF2 is updating something at the moment

December 11, 2008 - Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

The Engineer's teleporters can now be upgraded to level three. It will recharge faster the higher level it is

The Engineer's dispensers can now be upgraded to level three. It will give out metal and heal faster as it is upgraded

Spies will be able to recharge their cloaking ability by picking up ammo off of the ground or from health cabinets

Some changes to the second part of the first stage of Goldrush to give the attackers more of an advantage

Any weapons that fire bullets (shotguns, sniper's machine gun, heavy's minigun, etc.) can now break apart the Demoman's stickybombs

The icon on the HUD for a person calling for Medic will now give more information to the medic (if the target is low on health, on fire, etc.)

Added an achievement tracker that will allow people to choose specific achievements that they are trying to get

There is now a custom icon for death messages when the player was killed from a critical hit

Added a new particle effect for when a player enters the water

Added smoke to the feet of a rocket jumping soldier

Players will now have some particles swirling around them so other players can see when they are overhealed

Soldato
I havn't played in ages too, simply because lack of updates. Im not too supprised that updates are taking so long though, i bet some of the dev team have been working on left 4 dead and so there have been fewer people on TF2.

Soldato
I play pretty much every day. All my favourite haunts are always atleast 90% full as well. I still think the game is as popular as it ever was. L4D probably took a few away but I always find myself coming back to TF2 for some quick fun. TF2 and ZPS are my two main steam games atm.

Anyone know of a free weekend for L4D coming up soon? They generally have one for these games a couple of months after release.

Soldato
Good to see they're keeping us Engineers busy. I'm interested to see/know how the spies thing works now, are they able to refill the cloak bar whilst invisible?

Back
Top Bottom