Team Group Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 16GB – help needed

Associate
Hi all,

Please redirect this post if it should be in the 'memory' section, but I thought it'd be okay here as I'm a novice looking for advice.

I bought this set of DDR4 earlier this year and firstly it was running really smoothly.
In around July my PC had many blue screens for a variety of reasons, but I managed to narrow it down to the PC not being able to run these at 3200mhz.

So, I lowered to 3000mhz and all is good.

However, I'm hoping I can get these back up to 3200 as there were at default.

I've got a X470 Aorus and R7 2700. I have not updated Bios since I've put this system together (always terrified of bricking it :D)

Any advice would be appreciated, I'm always looking to learn more about the system and components but don't have the cash to go out and constantly buy and build so all help is beneficial to me!

Ps, what happened to the price of that Ram! Seems I got a bargain at £149.99

Cheers all,
Nathan

Soldato
@Nathan Long

Aorus ultra board ? Should handle 3400hz same kit but Unused Ryzen ram Calculator .

Worth updating the bios as a new one has come out, don't worry if you brick bios, Gigabyte RMA is UK based and I'm sure they have made the bios chips plug and play now . Also all boards have a back up bios chip !

Install latest bios and enable XMP and see how you get on. From their should be able to offer some help tweaking

Associate
OP
Aorus Ultra Gaming
That's the one :)

Also what bios version is the board running ?
Had this since preorder so it'll be an early one. Not at pc to be able to check

don't worry if you brick bios, Gigabyte RMA is UK based and I'm sure they have made the bios chips plug and play now . Also all boards have a back up bios chip !
Well I didn't know that, that's a bit of a relief! Is there an official document that says that anywhere that I can read and learn? Don't remember seeing it in the manual.

Install latest bios and enable XMP and see how you get on
I'll have to give it a go! If you hear screaming on Sunday, you know it's going poorly

Cheers both, any further answers would be great!

Associate
OP
I'm not savvy at all on Ram overclocking. My next plan is getting a new cooler and trying to overclock the CPU.
But yeah sorting out this ram would be a start! What would be the best way of updating bios?

Associate
OP
Alright ta, I'll give that a look.
I've tried to find information on the backup bios but can't see it anywhere. Itd be interesting to read, ill see if it's in my manual later

Associate
OP
Morning all,

I've updated to F3. All seems to work.
I've gone in and enabled XMP to Profile 1, and typed in 32.

Is that all I need to do? Then just wait and see if I blue screen at all?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom