Teenager dies in bath from a phone?

Caporegime
Soldato
Probably more likely that dropping the phone dragged the extension cable in to the bath?

It only takes 30ma to kill you, most iPad chargers can output more than that. Plus the water helps.
Most countries appear to allow sockets in bathrooms. It's the UK that's unusual (for good reasons IMO).

Also most british homes have rcd protection.

Caporegime
OP
You shared/posted this just so you could mock the poor girl with a 'darwin award'. It's sad, no matter the circumstances.
Why are they not educated not to use electrical devices near water? It's not the only ocurrance, there's been several cases of people dying in baths from phones.

And the reason for the thread was to work out how exactly they manage it from a USB charger.

Man of Honour
Just a sad story tbh. I’m sure we’ve all done dopey things and have incidentally ‘pulled through’.

I remember cycling down a hill with headphones on and swerving out to the other side of the empty road (to turn left) only for a sports car to grace my rump as it overtook me at a zillion miles an hour. I was a CM away from death that day.

Man of Honour
yeah she just must have used an extention cord, i do it so i can carefully balance my 3 bar electric heater on the side of my bath to keep me nice n warm :)

Soldato
Teenagers.

I've changed the thread title, you're right, many other people have died from doing stupid things in life there's no reason I should single this one girl out.

Teenagers are renouned for risk taking, not thinking of the consequences of their actions etc but i'm sure it's not just teenagers who have made such mistakes ...but i guess they are the likeliest age group to not be able to be far from their phones for very long.

Back
Top Bottom