Tell me about the Vauxhall VRX8

Soldato
Thats the prices that owners were being quoted last year

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48218

Walkinshaw must have found a cheap european supplier to save on the stupid import costs.

lol the thread you linked even states you can get discs pads for a lot less
http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48218&page=2

quotes 800 a pair for discs and 140 for the pads so please either fully read your source or just dont try and post on subjects where you really dont know what your talking about

in fact on that note euro list rears for £22 a corner(for the discs) or £31 for pagid discs so anyone thinking about buying one please dont be put off by the silly price of stoppers its not really that bad

source
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/V...p/Car-Parts/Brakes/Brake-Friction/Brake-Discs - euro
http://www.walkinshawperformance.co.uk/wp/uk/products/default.asp?content=Vauxhall VXR8&id=69 - walkinshaw

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol the thread you linked even states you can get discs pads for a lot less
http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=48218&page=2

quotes 800 a pair for discs and 140 for the pads so please either fully read your source or just dont try and post on subjects where you really dont know what your talking about

in fact on that note euro list rears for £22 a corner(for the discs) or £31 for pagid discs so anyone thinking about buying one please dont be put off by the silly price of stoppers its not really that bad

source
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/V...p/Car-Parts/Brakes/Brake-Friction/Brake-Discs - euro
http://www.walkinshawperformance.co.uk/wp/uk/products/default.asp?content=Vauxhall VXR8&id=69 - walkinshaw

Apology is accepted by e-mail or by postcard

Oh yes they are. They are imported over here from a supplier in Australia.

The cars are made and sold in Australia remember, and only imported over here in small numbers by VX uk. They arent sold in continental europe by Opel and arent sold in the US. In the US its sold as a pontiac G8 with different parts.

Font Discs are £800 a pair from Monkfish, Front Pads £140 both parts only and thats 3rd party.

Rear are roughly the same.

Thats nearly £2k parts only.

If you get them from Vauxhall Front Discs and Pads were £3300 + vat
Rear Discs + Pads £2700 + vat

Crazy.

Don
would it not be easier for you just to tell us what cars you have not had ? :p

Most of the temporary bits of mini expotica were from a rather keen leasing firm who wanted my/companies business, was a great few months, suffice to say I didn't bother actually using them, I certainly will admit to abusing their services though :p

Caporegime
I find it slightly amusing that those who have supposedly "researched" this or similar cars because they want one are those who are comming out with stupid prices for parts, a two seconds google could have told you the proper price, 1k PER CORNER for brakes, just lol!

As for a VXR8 looking like an Omega, wut?

Caporegime
I find it slightly amusing that those who have supposedly "researched" this or similar cars because they want one are those who are comming out with stupid prices for parts, a two seconds google could have told you the proper price, 1k PER CORNER for brakes, just lol!

As for a VXR8 looking like an Omega, wut?

As i've already said

I was quoting prices that people were given last time i read about it on the VXR forums, which was last year.

Walkinshaw have obviously found somebody to manufacture them locally to bring the price down. When they were very expensive they were bineg made in Oz and shipped over here and little to no aftermarket / 3rd party parts were available.

I'm happy to be prooved wrong, and its not surprising as my knowledge was a but old. But 12 months ago there wasnt that sort of alternative available. The VXR8 owners all went looking everywhere.

Caporegime
Aye, thats why i've stopped giving people prices for MX-5 parts, my knowledge is a few years out of date now so its pointless information, quite a limited supply of VXR8 brake discs / pads which car did they lift them out of, not Corvette items are they?

Soldato
Was in ay vauxhall this morning picking up a couple of service kits decided to price the dealer stuff up vxr8 front discs and pads
Retail £1923 + vat or 2250 Inc vat hardly 3300+ vat
Trade knock another 15% off or so

Still bloody ludicrous though

Discs retail at 718+vat each and are sided funnily enough
Wilkinshaw are doing genuine gm discs for 377 each Inc vat
Vaux want 487+vat for the pads walkinshaw 140 inc

Last edited:
Associate
Neighbour has one... beautiful sounding engine and quick but as others have said and he has as well, they are very very thirsty cars and he says that this is the only problem with them cars.

Liam

Don
Neighbour has one... beautiful sounding engine and quick but as others have said and he has as well, they are very very thirsty cars and he says that this is the only problem with them cars.

Liam

in fairness I don't think people would seriously buy a v8 and expect the car to return a blinding fuel economy :p that said if you drive it very carefully its pretty reasonable........where is the fun in that though :D

Caporegime
Was in ay vauxhall this morning picking up a couple of service kits decided to price the dealer stuff up vxr8 front discs and pads
Retail £1923 + vat or 2250 Inc vat hardly 3300+ vat
Trade knock another 15% off or so

Still bloody ludicrous though

Discs retail at 718+vat each and are sided funnily enough
Wilkinshaw are doing genuine gm discs for 377 each Inc vat
Vaux want 487+vat for the pads walkinshaw 140 inc

Apparently the reason Walkinshaw Prices came down was because Monkfish have now sourced some competitively priced discs that they have got manufactured somewhere local (they wont say exactly where, but they arent comming from Oz)

Because monkfish undercut them by about 50 % walkinshaw had to match.

VX prices are still stupid.

As for the £3300 + vat, thats what was put on the invoice as they were done under warranty. No doubt the dealer did some tomfoolery to make the claim to vauxhall as high as possible !

Rotty was quoted £740 fitted inc vat for his Cayman S front brakes + pads FITTED ! at the porsche dealer !!

VX want £718 ex vat, without pads and without fitting lol. Princey was right originally when he said a grand a corner, as its £2250 inc vat for front brakes + pads.

So my original point that the brakes are stupid expensive still stands then ;)

Last edited:

Soldato
Apparently the reason Walkinshaw Prices came down was because Monkfish have now sourced some competitively priced discs that they have got manufactured somewhere local (they wont say exactly where, but they arent comming from Oz)

So my original point that the brakes are stupid expensive still stands then ;)

walkinshaw are supplying genuine GM parts for £377 a disc inc vat pads at £140 or £440 a corner if you want

Back
Top Bottom