Tell me about the Vauxhall VRX8

Associate
So, every time I'm on the Autotrader website browsing my options, I seem to spend far too much time looking at these. I don't know if it's the looks, the engine or the noise but something about them keeps drawing me in.

I don't really know much about them other than what I've seen on Top Gear, so what are they actually like to live with day to day? What are maintenance costs like? Is the fuel consumption borderline ridiculous? Etc, etc.

Are they all supercharged or is that just the Bathurst version?

Soldato
well.. brum brum brum.... brrrrruuuuumm... whine whine whine... OHHHH MYYY... sssqqquueeeckkkk... smoke everywhere.. brubrumbrum... orange... GREEN ggooooo!!! bruuuummmmmmmmm... ye w/e

Soldato
Big Sisley aussie barges

The wife keeps eying them up to replace our lcr

Come with a choice of 6 and 6.2 litre engines depend on age specs are good maintenance seemingly straightforward and within the realms of any half decent mechanic so Indys will be happy to work on it servicing costs are supposedly reasonable iirc the later ones run north of 400 bhp btw only the bathursts are supercharged iirc with north of 500 bhp

Big problem they are thirsty very very thirtsy

But your not alone they represent great value and are nice straightforward cars
Put it this way it has m3 performance but vectra servicing and maintenance costs

Soldato
My next car now my VXR is back to standard. Anyway brakes cost £1000 a corner, fuel economy is around 14-20mpg combined and servicing costs are around £170-£300.
They make an excellent cruiser and can touch 30mpg on a long run. They have issues with the underside rusting very quickly due to not being undersealed. Tyres are 275/45/R20 on the rears and 245/35/R20 on the front. Reports say that rear tyres last around 4000miles on average.
They are very lazy engines and very easy to extract more power from.

Soldato
Omega styling? The Monaro non VXR looks a little like the Omega not the VXR8.

you cant see the omega connection?

HSV_VXII_Clubsport_R8.jpg

obviously thats not a vxr8 but yeah, you get it lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom